OnePlus 9

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mine lai liao!

Anyway, tested both Singtel and StarHub. Both 5G and voLTE are working. #YAYS!

you can update to what version on your phone? also is your chrome crashing if you update it on 2.3.3?

For me i will get 8T, cheaper. And sd888 heaty leh... Unless you need the better camera

First time hear the word heaty. Remind me of my ahma say I cough cause heaty.
Hahaha.
Now I already using sds20. Just want to get 8t cause of warp charge.

sd888 is not heaty. it's oneplus 9/pro

it doesn't get above 50c when playing games and it's quite ok...but i dun really know what games to play to stress test the phone too...

the issue with the 9/pro is 4k and 8k videos.

4k videos is limited to 5mins unlike samsung which makes it pointless

8k30fps ..u cant even get to 3mins without the phone overheating

also trying to record 4k30fps video causes the phone to become very hot and your battery will gg very quickly

some ppl are saying that 2.7.7 update throttles the phone, but for my set, i couldn't even update to 2.4.4 without using oxygen updater and then there's no more updates for me...

while the rest of the world is already at 2.7.7

also the vibration is worse than iphone......

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can update to what version on your phone? also is your chrome crashing if you update it on 2.3.3?

it doesn't get above 50c when playing games and it's quite ok...but i dun really know what games to play to stress test the phone too...

also trying to record 4k30fps video causes the phone to become very hot and your battery will gg very quickly

some ppl are saying that 2.7.7 update throttles the phone, but for my set, i couldn't even update to 2.4.4 without using oxygen updater and then there's no more updates for me...

mind if I ask - are you on 9 or 9 pro?

shager

Master Member
Reaction score

Am on OnePlus 9 Pro 2.7.7. DA.
Recorded well beyond 4 min, around 7min at 4k with no heating issues (using Ringke Fusion X case). I'm not sure if there's a limitation as I grew impatient recording my window after 7 min. Was not warm even then.
In 8k, there is a 5 min limitation. It stops recording automatically at 5 min. The phone is only slightly warm. OnePlus may remove this limitation in future.

OnePlus made a number of improvements in 2.7.7. Not so heaty now😁

gammie

Reaction score
does op9p have the same Bluetooth tracetogether periodic disconnect bug as the 7 and 8 series?

Eddied

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do you all scan the tracetogether device? like not very sensitive, sometimes takes awhile to register...

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does op9p have the same Bluetooth tracetogether periodic disconnect bug as the 7 and 8 series?
I'm not sure about Oneplus but it's definitely irritating the hell out of me for my Oppo.

the team at Tracetogether is a fail - they can only advise to update to latest app version... while doing nothing to fix the frequent d/c with the bluetooth.

gammie

Reaction score
ya bro seems that china phone all have this problem, even my friend's huawei.... honestly it's the only bugbear with my op7p that's making me consider changing phone, it has aged pretty well

fallraen

Reaction score
eh ask you all ah, lazada has 2 oneplus shops. one's "oneplus official store" and another that is popular is the "oneplus mobile" store. the oneplus mobile, has the imports like oneplus 9 pro etc... but how's the reputation like are both ok to buy from? or is the second one just a popular parallel importer that has the shop warranty. anyone knows? kinda confused cause the second shop has many 'export' set models

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh ask you all ah, lazada has 2 oneplus shops. one's "oneplus official store" and another that is popular is the "oneplus mobile" store. the oneplus mobile, has the imports like oneplus 9 pro etc... but how's the reputation like are both ok to buy from? or is the second one just a popular parallel importer that has the shop warranty. anyone knows? kinda confused cause the second shop has many 'export' set models
Oneplus mobile is by mister mobile. Oneplus official store is operated by oppo/oneplus SG

Mistermobile basically bring in imported sets and provide "local" warranty by themselves while oneplus official store warranty covered by oppo service center

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.