ONEPlus ONE phone

BombVoyage

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,542
Reaction score
23
I read about PayPal poor conversion rate, but no idea how to avoid it. I register my Mastercard in PayPal website and pay in USD ok?

Amazon asked me if I want to pay in SGD, is it better?

Sorry for all the noobie questions. I only pay for membership fees online. TIA

Bro, there is this option where you can choose whether u want paypal to
(1) Convert USD to SGD and charge to your card or,
(2) Charge in USD to your card and let the bank to convert and bill to you

Im not sure about Amazon though.
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
Can't manual flash 38r if unroofed right? Zzz so annoying that the ota update is still not here yet.

Can. Download the update file to your phone. Off your phone. Press vol down + power button to access recovery.

Use update from file and find the downloaded file to update.
 

justln

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
30,835
Reaction score
5,908
I read about PayPal poor conversion rate, but no idea how to avoid it. I register my Mastercard in PayPal website and pay in USD ok?

Amazon asked me if I want to pay in SGD, is it better?

Sorry for all the noobie questions. I only pay for membership fees online. TIA

Amazon pay in SGD has crazy expensive rates, pay in SGD if you dare. :s13:
 

Synnexo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
728
Reaction score
90
I read about PayPal poor conversion rate, but no idea how to avoid it. I register my Mastercard in PayPal website and pay in USD ok?

In Paypal click Profile -> My Money -> My pre-approved payments (Update) -> Set Available Funding Sources -> Conversion Options -> Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice -> Submit

Amazon asked me if I want to pay in SGD, is it better?

Always choose Seller's currency for billing.
 

blackbankai

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
i just used 38R and i realise at the processor area just behind the camera is super hot even when running candy crush... anyone suffer sudden rise in temperature or adnormal temperatureq
I am having similar heat issues too. At the same spot, the area right below the camera sensor heats up when using phone after prolong usage.

I tried clearing cache in recovery but does not work.
Any other solutions??
 

eLeMeNtaLFuSiOn

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
0
I am having similar heat issues too. At the same spot, the area right below the camera sensor heats up when using phone after prolong usage.

I tried clearing cache in recovery but does not work.
Any other solutions??

U can try using Franco kernel, he has written his own thermal driver which helps with the temps alot. Or alternatively u can underclock the phone. This phone has plenty of power to spare. Running at lower frequencies = lower heat
 

spectruml

Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Amazon pay in SGD has crazy expensive rates, pay in SGD if you dare. :s13:
I did, paid, shipped and installed.
In Paypal click Profile -> My Money -> My pre-approved payments (Update) -> Set Available Funding Sources -> Conversion Options -> Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice -> Submit



Always choose Seller's currency for billing.

Thank you for this. I doublechecked, PayPal billed my cc in SGD. :(

Edit:
Burnt once to learn.
 
Last edited:

mOomOo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2000
Messages
963
Reaction score
2
Loving the experience on OPO so far!
my glass SP still not here. Day 17 and it is not here. really a crap qoo10 seller.
i think the glass i ordered from taobao (sea) will arrive first
 

batboyz

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
2,892
Reaction score
1
15335946670_7f06f0f781_z.jpg


Thanks to bro Rainbow1112 who gave me the invite on 10/09/2014. Received mine with some cases and glass SP.
 

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
13,510
Reaction score
24
I am having similar heat issues too. At the same spot, the area right below the camera sensor heats up when using phone after prolong usage.

I tried clearing cache in recovery but does not work.
Any other solutions??
They **** up the thermal driver settings. People who are on stock kernel can only llst till the next update or forced to flash another kernel.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

stanstan

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Thanks for this. :)



No.

Can know why u say not to buy Oneplus One as I am pending whether to ship back the 2 phones to Singapore as Oneplus One ship the 2 phones to the forwarding centre in Portland Oregon even though I have cancel the orders. Thanks
 

batboyz

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
2,892
Reaction score
1
hey bro, can sic where to buy the glass sp? thanks!

I bought from amazon, shipped them all together from CGW (2 units + accessories). The brand name for the one I bought was Fatax. I haven't tried yet. My unit will come tomorrow. This one was for my ex-colleague.
 

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
I actually think that's the voltage regulator chip or the place where the battery connects to the phone. The place gets warm when charging at high current too

Yup. All phones get hot. The guy never say how he use the phone. If play game for long times of course the phone will get hot.

If the phone is idling and it gets scalding hot, then there's a problem.

But let's say watch videos and surf net non stop, that particular area will turn slightly warm due to the cpu heat not dissipating fast enough.

It's not like phones have watercooling or air cooler heat sinks on the cpu.:s8:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top