ONEPlus ONE phone

Synnexo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
728
Reaction score
90
really disappointed with my new opo with its wifi speed. running stock cm11s 44s update with stock kernel

i did a speedtest test with both my nexus 5 n opo (2.4ghz and 5ghz)

opo (2.4ghz)
1.75mbps dl / 9.51mbps upload
n5 (2.4ghz)
12.02mbps dl / 4.15mbps upload

opo (5ghz)
2.59mbps dl / 7.00mbps upload
n5 (5ghz)
55.32mbps dl / 33.25mbps upload

even thou speedtest is a theoretical test but i can feel the slowness when accessing the internet.

anyone having similar wifi issue?

Running on Mokee rom + Ak kernel (AK.077.OPO.CM11)
No difference when running on stock kernel.
M1Fibre_zpsd57ffa9f.jpg
 

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
8,671
Reaction score
0
just got mine last week. very happy with it. now attempting to open bootloader for rooting.

rooted......so simple with the OPO Toolkit
loaded mahdi......quite like the response.

now......waiting for the lollipop
 
Last edited:

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
just got mine last week. very happy with it. now attempting to open bootloader for rooting.

rooted......so simple with the OPO Toolkit
loaded mahdi......quite like the response.

now......waiting for the lollipop

No need to wait. Already got unofficial CM12 daily builds to try. Just get from XDA. So far the builds seem to be quite stable and fast on the OPO.

I'm not trying them because I got some daily used apps and games that are not compatible with Lollipop yet.
 

Bloodcrave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
893
Reaction score
202
bought this when i was in hongkong 2 weeks ago, it was a chinese set, at least the store is kind enough to help me flash into cwm and root it for free, end up paying just less than 3k HKD
really glad i got this, no problems so far
 

mOomOo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2000
Messages
963
Reaction score
2
i have been looking for an answer too.
rather annoying. even tried my OPO at a friend house who was using asus ac68. not good.

or is the damn app not compatible?



anybody can share their wireless speeds?

1. Internet Speed
2. 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz speedtest result
2. Router model, AC or N





QUOTE=nachocheese;90042825]really disappointed with my new opo with its wifi speed. running stock cm11s 44s update with stock kernel

i did a speedtest test with both my nexus 5 n opo (2.4ghz and 5ghz)

opo (2.4ghz)
1.75mbps dl / 9.51mbps upload
n5 (2.4ghz)
12.02mbps dl / 4.15mbps upload

opo (5ghz)
2.59mbps dl / 7.00mbps upload
n5 (5ghz)
55.32mbps dl / 33.25mbps upload

even thou speedtest is a theoretical test but i can feel the slowness when accessing the internet.

anyone having similar wifi issue?[/QUOTE]
 

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
8,671
Reaction score
0
No need to wait. Already got unofficial CM12 daily builds to try. Just get from XDA. So far the builds seem to be quite stable and fast on the OPO.

I'm not trying them because I got some daily used apps and games that are not compatible with Lollipop yet.

my phone is bare....so probably will give it a shot later.
lollipop seems nice

yeah u are right....messes up some common use apps....so will wait for bugs to be eliminated to a reasonable level.
 
Last edited:

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
14,766
Reaction score
264
i have a pre order of 64gb black sandisk with a screen protector........ they process twice order for me if any1 keen to take over kindly pm .......
 

miyamiya

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
2,204
Reaction score
0
i have been looking for an answer too.
rather annoying. even tried my OPO at a friend house who was using asus ac68. not good.

or is the damn app not compatible?



anybody can share their wireless speeds?

1. Internet Speed
2. 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz speedtest result
2. Router model, AC or N

My OPO wifi speeds are fine. Using Chinese OPO flashed with 44S and Franco Kernel R33.

1. MyRepublic 1GHz
2. Asus RT-AC56U
3. 2.4Ghz 5Ghz
b88153ef-51a9-4c70-b9b3-a847e57028e6_zps520972c4.png
a760927f-5cbb-4c0e-ac59-184db4fa5f07_zpsb3d701bb.png
 

highdiver_2000

Master Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
2,531
Reaction score
178
This is the best I've got, it's really hard to see, i've boxed up the battery icon...it's essentially the low batt icon.
right before this happened, the screen was just fine though, so I'm not sure if it's the hardware.
xJxPdel.jpg


basically, it's a black screen, then I can see either the battery icon if plugged in, or the 1 plus logo verrrrrrrry faintly, but it's there.

When I hold the power button, it vibrates after some time.
similarly, when I hold the vol + and vol - buttons with the power button

I attempted the unbrick thingy here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/solution-recover-from-hard-bricked-oneplus-one.104943/

But I can't manage to even install the driver.
I had to use the Samsung driver here: How to Install OnePlus One USB Drivers on Windows

even after that, i got these errors:
boot.img: FAILED
persist.img: FAILED
recovery.img: FAILED


I was told press and hold 30s to power on into safe mode. I have never try this before, hopefully can wake this up.

Remember to plug the usb cable in correctly. Screen facing up, white side in all the way. Charge only using OP cable and charger.
 

osmond19

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2000
Messages
1,985
Reaction score
70
just got mine last week. very happy with it. now attempting to open bootloader for rooting.

rooted......so simple with the OPO Toolkit
loaded mahdi......quite like the response.

now......waiting for the lollipop
did u install custom recovery to root? I tried the same way as u but failed to root, phone only stuck at fastboot when i click on "step 1" and it didn't go into TWRP recovery to install root...
 

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
8,671
Reaction score
0
did u install custom recovery to root? I tried the same way as u but failed to root, phone only stuck at fastboot when i click on "step 1" and it didn't go into TWRP recovery to install root...

did you use OPO Toolbox from XDA?
 

jerminator

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
I was told press and hold 30s to power on into safe mode. I have never try this before, hopefully can wake this up.

Remember to plug the usb cable in correctly. Screen facing up, white side in all the way. Charge only using OP cable and charger.


cannot...I tried this 30s thing multiple times, I even tried up to 1min..
still cannot :'(
 

mOomOo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2000
Messages
963
Reaction score
2
sounds weird but.... some ppl says this can work.



1. Charge for a day.
2. Take off charger for a night.
3. Plug back in for a half an hour if you get the low battery screen to stay on. Don't hit power until after the 30 minutes even if the screen turns off. Assume it's charging.
4. Power it on and that's it! Continue to let it charge and don't let it die down to 0% again.

cannot...I tried this 30s thing multiple times, I even tried up to 1min..
still cannot :'(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top