ONEPlus ONE phone

googoogaga

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
1,485
Reaction score
601
I am using starhub. No issues with the connectivity. Battery life seems to have taken some hit. I have increased the lcd dpi to the maximum possible. Maybe that's causing the hit. Other than the battery life, I have some gripe with the new caller ui and had to uninstall treucaller app and some boxer apps manually. That is it. Other than that this seems to be a good update.
 

Gex

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
364
Reaction score
6
RMA Warranty Experience SIC

My Oneplus One has a tempered glass protector and a diztronic cover. So when the LCD layer in mine seemed to be damaged (symptoms: partial and permanent artefacts on 1/4 of screen) and no physical cracks or dings anywhere on my phone, I emailed Oneplus Support, especially since it's still within the One Year period.

1. The email correspondence was responsive, although takes a day due to time-difference. Seems that support is based out of Asia.

2. Support will try to get you to reinstall the OS yourself. If problem persists, which mine did, they will request for a remote session.

3. Remote session basically replicated what I did myself, which is to install Oxygen OS. It's only after the remote session fails to resolve the issues, will the Support recommend RMA process.

4. Need a valid shipping addresss. So happens that I was in HK, so I brought in to their logistics (4PX hk) myself and saved on the shipping to them. Once they verified that the physical damaged is not due to user fault or abuse, they sent me a new phone to a HK address.

5. My original was a OPO international with Cyanogenmod logo. The BNIB replacement does not have the logo, so I cannot tell if it's an international or china version. The replacement also seems to come with a film screen protector.
 
Last edited:

highdiver_2000

Master Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
2,534
Reaction score
178
12.1 replaced the android caller with the truecaller app. I hate this ui and there is no easy way to get the android caller. Truecaller is known to upload, store and use your number as well as all of the contacts. Users are being forced to give up their contact book. We will have to flash a zip file in custom recovery to get back the android caller.
CM is becoming evil. How can they associate with companies such as this?

Not 100% correct. Yes it is a new dialer and a different dialer than the stock Google dialer. However, it is not a truecaller app.

It is a new CM dialer, which is integrated with truecaller service. This service can be uninstalled. However, as you mentioned, there is no easy way to replace the new dialer without rooting.

There is a truedialer in Google play store, which is not the same as the one in COS12.1.

I am also facing same problem. Could you share how you resolved the problem? Thanks.

same sia...jin annoying...

I use Dialer1 on CM11s. TWRP flash COS12.1 and did not see any Truecaller apps. Continued using Dialer1.


Since then I have downgraded back to cm11s, mainly due to battery and Google PS going bonkers.
 

Gex

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
364
Reaction score
6
My replacement phone comes with CM11S. I'm sticking with it because of better battery, and because I miss my lockscreen slider shortcuts.
 

batboyz

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
2,892
Reaction score
1
Anyone shop selling protective cover? Just drop my 1+1....lucky only the glass screen cover crack.. Lol

You need a proper case. My OPO flew out from my scooter while riding before, but not a scratch. And no, I am not referring to those bulky cases like OtterBox, etc, cos I am just using Tudia TPU case.
 

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2001
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
134
I had this dilemma too but decided to wait for OPthree which might be coming out this December

so fast? are u sure or not? maybe they'll launch the cheaper version but can't be the successor to the oneplus two.
 

donger123

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
SCREEN CRACKED

Hi everyone,

My 1+1 recently cracked after an unfortunate drop.. The screen is smashed and the touchscreen does not work anymore. Does anyone know where in SG I can fix it for a good price? I have contacted Oneplus for a RMA but I have to pay 130USD to fix it and pay GST when it returns to SG so it is really not worth it.


Thanks in advance
 

kanraman

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
1
Here's the OnePlus official service centre info:

Service Centre Address:
6, Eu Tong Sen Street, #02-67 The Central Singapore 059817

Phone: +65-62216708

Operation Hours:
Monday to Sunday: 11am to 9 pm

Hope they'll be able to fix your smashed screen, for a price, of course! ;-)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top