online booking using agoda

Hunter12345

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
hi, first time in trying to book accomodation online using agoda.com. Anyone out there can provide advise whether it is trustable? and is there anything i have to look out for such as hidden cost or problems encountered with using this? thanks in advance...
 

lucashell

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
Yep its trustable no worries I have booked a lot of times with them ! no hidden cost the bill will show everything.
 

WaterRain

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
1,324
Reaction score
0
trustable but sometimes you can get at a better price when you book directly from the hotel website.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
It is reliable and transparent. The only problem I encountered so far is when the hotel you booked does not realise you have made a reservation. This has nothing to do with the Agoda service, and is a common problem with online booking through a third-party portal.
 

joanlee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
676
Reaction score
3
I had a 0.8% charge when I used mastercard and the bank says it's the rate when there's foreign currency charged to masters
 

nashrul91

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
547
Reaction score
0
yeah, its reliable and trustable. if want to reconfirm the booking, u can call agoda itself. remember to print your hotel voucher(agoda will send to ur email) and present during check in!
 

enrell69

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
3
yup..tried agoda for the first time when i was in korea few weeks back...they are really quite extensive..but the only gripe i have is that one of the motel i booked address are different from the gps i was given. couldnt find it in the map, have to go round and round. however the good thing is that that owner of this particular motel contacted me when my booking is confirmed before my trip..its nice to have a hotel/motel rep contacting you before your trip..
 

mic857

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Used them several time without any problems. Refunds to C.C for cancellations were straight forward and fuss free....all within a few days!
 

onbushao

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
ya no problem at all i just back from Port Dickson, before go booked the hotel via Agoda.
 

fivefatfleas

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Hostelworld?

trustable but sometimes you can get at a better price when you book directly from the hotel website.

But doesn't Agoda promise like discounts on the price or something? :s11:

Anyway I'm also interested in using Agoda for my Vietnam trip soon but the Hostelworld website looks good too.. which one is better? I.e. which is more reliable, more value-for-money, and more suitable for cheap hostel bookings?
 

enrell69

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
3
But doesn't Agoda promise like discounts on the price or something? :s11:

Anyway I'm also interested in using Agoda for my Vietnam trip soon but the Hostelworld website looks good too.. which one is better? I.e. which is more reliable, more value-for-money, and more suitable for cheap hostel bookings?
dont know about hostelworld..but my experience with agoda is good..very clear-cut..
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Hostelworld focus on hostels, obviously. I began using it 10 years ago. Agoda is more Asia focused, and look out for its Friday specials. However you need to book about $1k worth of rooms before you begin to be eligible for discounts. Both sites are just as reliable. There are also asiarooms and wotif. All have been around for sometime.
 

ichi87

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2011
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
hi all, i just found another website to book the hotel rooms, its called skyscanner. i think its like a 3rd party website, that link u to other websites for the booking of flights and hotels.

the only advise i can give is.. after make the booking, email the hotel ask whether they received the booking, if they do, ask them to send an email back to u for confirmation, print that email, bring it with you for ur trip and there you go. no worries!
 

Laneige

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
114,961
Reaction score
16,715
check hotel also
sometimes hotel itself offer even better discount
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
I've used many hotel sites : agoda.com, hotelclub.com, hotels.com, booking.com, ctrip.com. All of them are trustworthy. The prices are pretty close, though sometimes agoda.com and booking.com have better prices, and ctrip.com is sometimes cheaper for China hotels.

My favorite is agoda due to its consistent low price, user friendly interface with reviews, map, hotel facilities, room amenities all easily available. Makes it easy to choose the hotel. But I fall back on the others when I can't find anything good on agoda. I usually check hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com as well.

Like all internet bookings, sometimes they will screw up and you might end up without a room despite having a confirmation. It's inevitable since they book thousands of rooms a day worldwide so will make an occasional error. So I usually followup a booking with an email to the hotel directly just to be sure.
 

enrell69

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
3
I've used many hotel sites : agoda.com, hotelclub.com, hotels.com, booking.com, ctrip.com. All of them are trustworthy. The prices are pretty close, though sometimes agoda.com and booking.com have better prices, and ctrip.com is sometimes cheaper for China hotels.

My favorite is agoda due to its consistent low price, user friendly interface with reviews, map, hotel facilities, room amenities all easily available. Makes it easy to choose the hotel. But I fall back on the others when I can't find anything good on agoda. I usually check hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com as well.

Like all internet bookings, sometimes they will screw up and you might end up without a room despite having a confirmation. It's inevitable since they book thousands of rooms a day worldwide so will make an occasional error. So I usually followup a booking with an email to the hotel directly just to be sure.
yeah..sometimes the hotels do email you directly..
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
Hi,

I have checked Agoda but it stated:
Deluxe (per night)
SGD 86.40
(2 nights for SGD 172.80)
Hotel tax 6% not included, Service charge 10% not included

so does it mean i have to pay 6% and 10% of S$86.40 upon checked in?

If i keyed in Singapore currency, does it mean Agoda will bill me based on above S$86.40 instead of the exchange rate?

Thank you.
 

starbugs

Master Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2000
Messages
3,037
Reaction score
204
Hi,

I have checked Agoda but it stated:
Deluxe (per night)
SGD 86.40
(2 nights for SGD 172.80)
Hotel tax 6% not included, Service charge 10% not included

so does it mean i have to pay 6% and 10% of S$86.40 upon checked in?

If i keyed in Singapore currency, does it mean Agoda will bill me based on above S$86.40 instead of the exchange rate?

Thank you.

Tax and service charge will be added just before you key in credit card details. Cannot be paid upon checking-in.

Yes, choose SGD and it will be exactly that SGD amount charged to your credit card.

Agoda uses a "real" exchange rate, not a marked up rate. About 2% cheaper than if you let your bank convert from USD to SGD.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top