Oppo Reno 7 Series

bakayarou

Reaction score
@dappercivility

I ask you.

You have used both Snapdragon 888 and Dimensity 1200 Max chipset smartphone liao.

How would you compare, on these two chipset, care to share ?

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
@dappercivility

I ask you.

You have used both Snapdragon 888 and Dimensity 1200 Max chipset smartphone liao.

How would you compare, on these two chipset, care to share ?
Before I share I will state my daily usage style.

1) Whatsapp
2) Telegram
3) Light Web Browsing
4) Some Phone calls
5) Misc like parking app, internet banking, other short usage of apps

Dont usually game, maybe once in awhile to kill boredom or to test a new phone to see whether it stutters.

Based on the same usage, I noticed the following:-

1) During phone setup, SD888 runs noticeably warmer than the Dimensity 1200 Max (almost cool to the touch)
2) Day to day use, I do not notice anything different in terms of screen smoothess, app loading speed, etc
3) Battery life is where the difference is, I had 2 Oppo Find X3 Pro running SD888 and battery life is maybe 15 to 20% better than the Fold 3 running SD888. If I base on battery life on 2 different Oppo Handsets running SD888 vs Dimensity 1200 Max, Dimensity 1200 Max has almost 40% better battery life based on my daily usage which is a huge difference.

Some personal observations, regardless of brand, any brand flagship running the latest top of the line SOC, the battery life would almost always be sub-par, nothing fantastic based on my usage style. I would say the sub-par battery life would be due to flagship models having crammed every new feature into the device and all these new features would suck battery life in one way or another.

Currently the only phone running a different flagship SOC from this discussion is the Apple A15, IOS is really really boring, customisation is very limited, running a closed loop kinda software where you cant really do much in terms of personalising the phone and also the lack of latest features available on androids BUT its always the phone I must get every year and the longest I would use and keep till the next latest and greatest model is out.

These battery issues I mentioned or even the heat issues comes from the problem of many android phone manufacturers are using a "Universal" SOC and then designing their hardware around it with not much control over the design, specs of the SOC. Compromises are made by Android Phone manufacturers with things like cost, space constraint for better cooling system, etc.

I think I am getting too long winded here, will end my personal thoughts here.

bakayarou

Reaction score
So, SD888 heats up quicker.....genuine issue.

Dimensity 1200 Max chip power consumption much better.

ios.....hmmm..

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
@dappercivility

How do you compare the android operating system between Huawei P50 Pro vs Reno 7 Pro ?

Do share your thoughts :)
First and foremost I must state that I used to be a Huawei Fanboy but without GMS, I got to admit I use Huawei alot less and not on a daily basis.

In terms of build quality and the feel when holding the phone in the hand, Huawei does feel quite significantly more premium that Oppo, comparing Flagship to Flagship. In terms of software, namely the UI, Huawei feels more polished, well thought out and more fluid to use in terms of feel.

Software Optimisation is alot better and while I mentioned in my earlier post that the different Android Brands Flagship models having sub-par battery life, I can say Huawei did a good job with the P50 Pro running the SD888 SOC. While one might argue hey Huawei does not have 5G but if you were to compare 2 different SD888 models with 5G off, P50 Pro would still come out with better battery life based on my own comparison. So Huawei still has the better design team for both hardware and software despite the need to design their system around SD's offerings.

Off topic, I owned the Flip 3 previously and held the P50 Pocket in my hands recently, the P50 Pocket is seriously way more premium in terms of material and feel but of course, the P50 Pocket costs almost twice a flip 3 but I gotta give it to Huawei. Huawei is still one of the best in the market.

If you ask me, a Huawei Fanboy, the true contender to Apple would be Huawei. I would rate Huawei the top Android Phone Manufacturer in the market. The quality of the build, the photos taken by a Huawei Camera, seriously top of the pack for all round quality.

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
no wonder USA sanction Huawei
I think that is one of the main reasons. The next China brand I think is improving greatly is Oppo. Their Find X3 Pro is pretty good. The upcoming Find X5 Pro looks really interesting. When I first heard news that certain regions will have the Dimensity 9000 equipped SOC, I was abit disappointed but now, I don't mind trying even if Singapore comes equipped with the Dimensity 9000 SOC

ApexMan

Reaction score
how is reno 7 pro or 7
amy issue with google apps ?

is there a option to have dual app / games like Whatsapp and games?

mojipei

Reaction score
Reno 7z coming to local shores soon...
I saw it at the Oppo Store at Suntec City, selling at $549. The salesman say that if buy it from Kai Kai online store, we can get it at $499. Anybody tried that site and what is the catch?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.