OS X using CAD/Matlab I have a question...

BreadBoard

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
1
Hello all,

I am an owner of Macbook Pro 13" Early 2011 base model user. I have remove the optical drive and replace with another HDD. I bought it to replace my fujitsu 2 years ago.

Now my school is starting and I am taking an engineering course. Therefore will be using CAD and Matlab during my course of studies.

I know there are OS X versions of both program, will I face any compatibility issues compared to my Windows counterpart? E.g. compiling matlab script, CAD drawings.

I am contemplating whether to install back my optical drive just to install boot camp(didn't like the idea of opening my Macbook over and over again) as I am not a fan of Parallels/VM Fusions.

I have tried using Roxio Toast/Windows 7 USB Installed methods with no avail.

Is there any shop that can install Bootcamp on my second HDD for me?

Any inputs are welcome :o
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
You shouldn't face compatibility issues in terms of files. You should be able to open them etc
You can always download a trial or something to play with it.

Install it using a USB DVD Drive. That should also work.
 

malcom90

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
0
matlab works flawlessly for me across win 7(school) and mac(home)
just have to change the file path etc if you have any in the matlab code.

for installing bootcamp, can just use usb flash or external dvd drive.
 

BreadBoard

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
1
matlab works flawlessly for me across win 7(school) and mac(home)
just have to change the file path etc if you have any in the matlab code.

for installing bootcamp, can just use usb flash or external dvd drive.

is there any online tutorial u used? i tried using refit+usb method but didn't boot. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top