Other uses for ATX PSU mount?

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
I am currently planning a build using the Tecware Fusion 2 Air mATX case.

Fusion 2 Air | Tecware High Airflow SFF Mesh Case​

Since I will be using an external laptop adaptor and a DC-ATX board inside the case, I will not be using the ATX power supply mount.

As such, this mount will be empty, and I want to make some use of it, preferably as a means to mount some 2.5" drives.

Does anyone know of an adaptor that might work for this situation? I prefer not to use double-sided sticky tape if it can be avoided.
 

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
6,908
Reaction score
3,618
I am currently planning a build using the Tecware Fusion 2 Air mATX case.

Fusion 2 Air | Tecware High Airflow SFF Mesh Case​

Since I will be using an external laptop adaptor and a DC-ATX board inside the case, I will not be using the ATX power supply mount.

As such, this mount will be empty, and I want to make some use of it, preferably as a means to mount some 2.5" drives.

Does anyone know of an adaptor that might work for this situation? I prefer not to use double-sided sticky tape if it can be avoided.

Measure the dimension, CAD design a custom mount that suit your use case (Eg. TinkerCAD or Fusion 360), slice the model and 3D-print it. Pretty standard for any DIY enthusiast nowadays. You can also outsource the 3D-printing if you do not own a printer.

Been 3D printing all kinds of custom mounts and brackets for my PC and servers for both home and work applications over the past 4-5 years. With the software and hardware getting more and more user friendly (or idiot proof) in recent years, it can generally print right out of the box with zero experience now.​
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top