Page loading delays, missing scroll bar, blank/white screen problems - Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
63,552
Reaction score
16,472
why this right side vertical scrollbar takes how many million year before it appears?
It appears when screen is touched for me. Does nothing much actually for me, only tells me which part of the whole displayed page I am at. I'm effectively scrolling by swiping up down or using the arrow to top or bottom right away. Or maybe because I'm at mobile view, not sure about desktop view
 

nautilus

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,946
Reaction score
41
When in dark mode, there’s a full white flash before the next page loads.
 

Zerohiten

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
1,532
Reaction score
3
Can share screenshot? I don't encounter this. Could be browser specific?
I also encounter this when using mobile Chrome (89.0.4389.105), Samsung S8 or desktop Chrome (89.0.4389.72), both using dark mode.

It happens when you navigate to anywhere in the forum which lasts for 2-3 seconds then the page element will load much later.

Idk how showing screenshot helps since it's literally a white screen.
 

orpisia

Emeritus Honorary Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
201,696
Reaction score
23,911
It appears when screen is touched for me. Does nothing much actually for me, only tells me which part of the whole displayed page I am at. I'm effectively scrolling by swiping up down or using the arrow to top or bottom right away. Or maybe because I'm at mobile view, not sure about desktop view
I use on desktop PC don't have the right side scrollbar until how many 20 seconds later

I can't scroll down the page until it appears
 

orpisia

Emeritus Honorary Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
201,696
Reaction score
23,911
Why the right scrolling bar in Chrome takes 10 seconds to load everytime. Pls fix it.
Exactly

Using chrome browser on PC, it takes long time before the right side scrollbar appears

I cannot use my mouse to scroll down until it appears
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,168
Reaction score
3,136
Exactly

Using chrome browser on PC, it takes long time before the right side scrollbar appears

I cannot use my mouse to scroll down until it appears

You sure you don't have any ad blockers or something? I don't experience any lag, and this is when using a VPN from home.
 

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
63,552
Reaction score
16,472
I use on desktop PC don't have the right side scrollbar until how many 20 seconds later

I can't scroll down the page until it appears
What browser did you use. I just tried chrome, the side scroll bar appears same time as the text. But page loads quite slow for me
 

nautilus

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,946
Reaction score
41
Can share screenshot? I don't encounter this. Could be browser specific?
I’m browsing on the iPhone Safari browser. It’s just disturbing at night when you’re browsing in dark mode and there’s a full page white before the page loads.
 

nautilus

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,946
Reaction score
41
Can share screenshot? I don't encounter this. Could be browser specific?
I’m browsing on the iPhone Safari browser. It’s just disturbing at night when you’re browsing in dark mode and there’s a full page white before the page loads.
 

articland05

Honorary Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
121,244
Reaction score
42,102
I’m browsing on the iPhone Safari browser. It’s just disturbing at night when you’re browsing in dark mode and there’s a full page white before the page loads.
android phone using Brave browser also same. I think is the issue with dark mode but the backgrd is still white. So when loading another pg the white backgrd got flash out when the dark mode scripts are still loading.

that's my guess.
 

dxboy

Honorary Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2001
Messages
105,235
Reaction score
76
harrows av butties~ ish it normals to be loading so wols now, or must pay for durex to pcw again?
 

batuchka

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
106,310
Reaction score
10,295
harrows av butties~ ish it normals to be loading so wols now, or must pay for durex to pcw again?
chui desktop or mobile? maybe state OS/browser loh At 1st may seem wols but after some tweaks jin fast and tokong ^^ Nope no need durex for fast browsing here..
 

dxboy

Honorary Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2001
Messages
105,235
Reaction score
76
chui desktop or mobile? maybe state OS/browser loh At 1st may seem wols but after some tweaks jin fast and tokong ^^ Nope no need durex for fast browsing here..
Can point me to the post on how to tweaks? I'm on windoze + firefox
 

batuchka

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
106,310
Reaction score
10,295
Can point me to the post on how to tweaks? I'm on windoze + firefox
#1 use Ublock origin
#2 open up settings to "My Filters"
#3 download filter text file (click pop out on top right of image below)


#4 upload to your filters via "import and append"
#5 "apply changes"
#6 final result
l28ZZtz.jpg
 
Last edited:

dxboy

Honorary Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2001
Messages
105,235
Reaction score
76
#1 use Ublock origin
#2 open up settings to "My Filters"
#3 download filter text file (click pop out on top right of image below)


#4 upload to your filters via "import and append"
#5 "apply changes"
#6 final result
l28ZZtz.jpg

Thank you very much for the crystal instruction!

After applying it, F5 the page and.......WOW, load jin fast liao! :oops:(y)(y)(y)
 

Beck's

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2014
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
70
Using opera as browser on oppo phone. After I click a thread, it doesn't load immediately. It just shows a white screen for some time.

no problem with using chrome on the same phone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top