Part time degree to full time degree?

Putatives

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2015
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Ok guys, got rejected by the Local Universities for the full time programmes.

Now my plan is to enter part time offered by NUS. (BTech)
I am a Singaporean male, I have 2 years of working experience plus I hold an International qualification.

Once I have graduated with a BTech degree, can I use this degree to enrol into any Full-Time programmes in the Local Universities? SIT/SUTD/NUS/NTU?

Just a thought. Lol.
 
Last edited:

raggy1011

Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2010
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
i presume you meant enrolling into a graduate course (masters/phd) after the completion of a part time Btech - equivalent to a full bachelors deg. In response to that, yes you are completely qualified to enroll into graduate or professional courses conducted by the local universities.

Of course, you could enroll into a second full time bachelors/undergraduate degree program in the local universities. However, that would make no sense.
 

Havok_ex

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
1,812
Reaction score
0
The Btech is basically on the same level as a B.eng. No point to take the B.tech and then take another bach. Also, your first local uni bachelor will be MOE subsidised. The second bachelor will not be. Have you checked how much it costs without the MOE subsidy? It is 37k per year. That's 120k total for 4 years. It's not worth it.

Just wondering, what are your international qualifications?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top