 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those 2 methods are very confusing for the consumer. Samsung really should learn to be simple.

I don't know which part of it is confusing to you? you don't even need to choose which to you, just tap on nfc reader or the POS terminal nia... :D

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those 2 methods are very confusing for the consumer. Samsung really should learn to be simple.

Confuse? Do read up, don't just know how to use Apple products. HAHA!

You don't even need to choose from setting. Samsung Pay have advantage over Apple Pay simply because it's not only support NFC but also MST. Just tap near NFC terminal, if don't have NFC terminal just place close to the traditional swipe POS terminal.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Kairyu

Reaction score
I'm having issue readding my POSB card to Apple Pay on my watch and phone after removing them...anyone else facing same issue?

PetPet

Reaction score
I'm having issue readding my POSB card to Apple Pay on my watch and phone after removing them...anyone else facing same issue?

Try adding them again.
If it still doesn't work.
Contact the bank.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Was at waterway point having this japanese mochi at B1 and they had the contactless card machine. But this machine looked abit different than the rest where the base was rounded and the contactless area was ontop.

Tried and it didnt work and got rejected.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Was at waterway point having this japanese mochi at B1 and they had the contactless card machine. But this machine looked abit different than the rest where the base was rounded and the contactless area was ontop.

Hi, do you have the exact shop name so that I can add this to my list of rejected shops in my blog/website?

Thanks.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

is that a NETS Flashpay reader?

karenwoods

Reaction score
I am really loving Apple Pay. Don't even take out my credit/debit card anymore these days. I'm not a big spender per transaction so hardly ever go over the $100 limit.

Now only if point cards like the Passion card can be digitized as well.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for a NFC terminal at "Yum Cha" sadly they don't even have the machine, they only accept cash or standard credit/debit payment, btw no Nets too.

All food related franchise and restaurants should adapt Paypass, Paywave, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, they need to keep up to date with technology, sometimes invest is needed, cannot save one.

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for a NFC terminal at "Yum Cha" sadly they don't even have the machine, they only accept cash or standard credit/debit payment, btw no Nets too.

All food related franchise and restaurants should adapt Paypass, Paywave, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, they need to keep up to date with technology, sometimes invest is needed, cannot save one.

as far as all merchants wanna advance with technology, the nature of business must also warrant the need for it. some merchants don't accept contactless debit/credit card because of the fee involved, while some merchants like Mr Bean has nets flashpay installed though, which is a cheaper alternative for contactless credit/debit purchases lor..

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used ApplePay at Koi just now. Bought two drinks for $2!

Indeed it was damn convenient man!

Slavor

Reaction score
Had a craving for bubble tea and was queueing for Koi at AMK station when I saw that they were accepting Apple Pay. Unlike most contactless card machines that are squarish, this one looked more like a NETS flashpoint machine that is rectangular in shape. It also had a UOB and apple pay logo.

I asked to pay via Apple pay, but said I didn't have a UOB card. The girl said it only worked with UOB cards. Quite weird as this was the first time I came across an apple pay terminal that only worked with a single bank. I guess the machine was specially supplied by UOB?

Slavor

Reaction score
Used ApplePay at Koi just now. Bought two drinks for $2!

Indeed it was damn convenient man!

Hahaha what a coincidence I just made a post about Koi a few mins after you. I'm guessing you used a UOB card with apple pay?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had a craving for bubble tea and was queueing for Koi at AMK station when I saw that they were accepting Apple Pay. Unlike most contactless card machines that are squarish, this one looked more like a NETS flashpoint machine that is rectangular in shape. It also had a UOB and apple pay logo.

I asked to pay via Apple pay, but said I didn't have a UOB card. The girl said it only worked with UOB cards. Quite weird as this was the first time I came across an apple pay terminal that only worked with a single bank. I guess the machine was specially supplied by UOB?

Got such thing as supporting one bank only meh......

Slavor

Reaction score
Got such thing as supporting one bank only meh......

Don't know why the counter staff would say UOB only leh.

Then again I didn't know UOB had a promo for Koi. Maybe they thought I wanted the promo? I just wanted to pay using apple pay only lol

petty blue

Master Member
Reaction score
i just received my new credit card because my old credit card is expiring soon. anyone know if its required to delete the old card and add again?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.