PC DIY Build Youtube Channel

batigola

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2000
Messages
260
Reaction score
2
Hi guys

Can share which Youtube Channels you all visit to watch PC build videos. Eg; Linus Techtips, Pauls Hardware, Austin Evans. Im actually looking for local Youtubers who do similar videos. Thanks!
 

ihan97

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I watch those you've listed and others like Jayztwocents, hardware Canucks, Awesomesauce Network and some more I can't recall now. I think it's hard for locals to do it since stuff here is so expensive so it's hard to create content that those big youtubers already made.
 

batigola

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2000
Messages
260
Reaction score
2
I watch those you've listed and others like Jayztwocents, hardware Canucks, Awesomesauce Network and some more I can't recall now. I think it's hard for locals to do it since stuff here is so expensive so it's hard to create content that those big youtubers already made.

Agree that it will be expensive for an individual. I felt that there was some demand here since there are quite a few "reccommend me a rig" threads. It would be nice to have a youtube channel with a local flavour for tech. I have seen some Asus videos..but they felt kind of self promo.
 

xiaozozo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
13,964
Reaction score
0
i actually like the ASUS official utube channel. The dua jiak host gives very good commentary and they have clear shots of the components.

TechSource is not bad also, very clean time lapse videos.
 

icheb

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
35
I love Hardware Canucks! That Dmitry guy always reminds me of Chris Pratt. He is like the Russian version of Chris Pratt.
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
the angmoh tech channels generally very good

Singapore... hard la... most components are expensive here :s13:

Or maybe HardwareZone can get the ball rolling? :s13:
Good camera work and good content will make viewers come for me :s12:
 

destiny88

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
28
Thing is, sg gets the stuff slower then those in the West,

So slow reviews videos =lesser views=major brand see lesser ROI so won't send review units. So how to start? Unless all major brand will to settle on 1 guy/channel in sg and start off from there
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
Thing is, sg gets the stuff slower then those in the West,

So slow reviews videos =lesser views=major brand see lesser ROI so won't send review units. So how to start? Unless all major brand will to settle on 1 guy/channel in sg and start off from there

So let us make a plea to HWZ to do video reviews like LinusTechTips, HardwareCanucks and JayzTwoCents :sad:

Dr Vijay please do video reviews :sad:
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
DIY PC fans in SG are minority. They make 1 Youtube video how many views can it get? 10 to 50? Subscriptions to channel? Maybe 100.

As well go Tradepac or PC Themes film them assembling PCs.
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
So let us make a plea to HWZ to do video reviews like LinusTechTips, HardwareCanucks and JayzTwoCents :sad:

Dr Vijay please do video reviews :sad:

AMDKs assemble PC is different. Different feel.

Sinkies assemble PC no one want to watch.
 

batigola

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2000
Messages
260
Reaction score
2
AMDKs assemble PC is different. Different feel.

Sinkies assemble PC no one want to watch.


Definitely cannot compare with US youtubers but if the presenter is good I am sure can have a fair share of viewership. A good eg; Clutched which is a local automotive show. They have short videos which have the local feel and humour.

I believe HWZ might be able to do a gd job
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top