Pc issue need some advise

Mio0___

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
Hi guys

I need some advise on how to fix my pc. It has been switching on and off when i try to power it up but it sometimes can fully switch on if i leave it alone for some time or between it switching on and off it will fully switch on.

Just now it couldnt detect my 1tb internal hard drive and i tried to shut down the com to reconnect the hard drive (maybe cable loose) but the com wont shut down. I force it to shut down and now it switching on and off again.

Recently i keep getting blue screens also error code i see is memory_management, irql less than equal to and a few others i dont remember. I tried online fixes for those errors yet they still pop up

Computer specs

Mb asrock b75 dgs + i3 intel
Gpu powercolor r9 270x
Psu fsp 500
Ram 4gbx2 ram
HDD 500gb + 1tb

Most of the parts abit old should i get a new set up or try to fix this issue? TIA for your help! Appreciate any input.
 

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
22,372
Reaction score
80
It's either RAM or PSU.

But to be fair, I had an Asrock mobo before and the darn CPU pins kept on misaligning. I suggest you try to boot with one stick of RAM at a time first.
 

undead102

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2006
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
0
Try reseating your ram and see if the issue is resolved. Could be the motherboard is slowly failing.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
I'm suspecting might be mb issues as well since those things u mentioned I have these occurrence but its more on PC restating randomly and ram reseated but still can't work.

So right now if u still wanna fix u have 2 choices, if ur PC still some how under warranty but gonna reach that 3 years mark get its RMA. If over, den maybe u can try cleaning the contact of the ram, remove the GPU, try each ram slots with 1 stick of ram, use some stress test software and let your PC runs for 1 hr.

Well part of it does work to find out the issues, but some time it doesn't, anyway if those fix doesn't u might consider changing a new PC.
 

Mio0___

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
It's either RAM or PSU.

But to be fair, I had an Asrock mobo before and the darn CPU pins kept on misaligning. I suggest you try to boot with one stick of RAM at a time first.

I tried re seating the ram/booting with ram but no difference. I have a strong feeling its my mother board dying? :sad:
 

Mio0___

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
I'm suspecting might be mb issues as well since those things u mentioned I have these occurrence but its more on PC restating randomly and ram reseated but still can't work.

So right now if u still wanna fix u have 2 choices, if ur PC still some how under warranty but gonna reach that 3 years mark get its RMA. If over, den maybe u can try cleaning the contact of the ram, remove the GPU, try each ram slots with 1 stick of ram, use some stress test software and let your PC runs for 1 hr.

Well part of it does work to find out the issues, but some time it doesn't, anyway if those fix doesn't u might consider changing a new PC.

I did run a ram test on the pc when it was still able to run but showed no errors. I think its time to buy a new mb/cpu. :sad:
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
I did run a ram test on the pc when it was still able to run but showed no errors. I think its time to buy a new mb/cpu. :sad:

well u see if ur pc can tahan for a few more months or not cos zen and kabylake are some where end of the year or start of the new year will be release to consumer market.

well beside ram test u can do a cpu stress test or gpu stress test.
 

Mio0___

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
well u see if ur pc can tahan for a few more months or not cos zen and kabylake are some where end of the year or start of the new year will be release to consumer market.

well beside ram test u can do a cpu stress test or gpu stress test.

Doubt can tahan liao. I need my com for work also. I try to run stress test once i can switch on. :s22:
 

Microx

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
I have the same problem sometime. I clear cmos + take eraser rub the ram and put it back can already.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top