PC Speakers Recommendations

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2001
Messages
6,021
Reaction score
50
Recently my BOSE companion 3 died. So I'm looking around for a new set. Most likely will be a 2.1 so the wires wont get too messy.

But nowdays nobody seems to be taking abt speakers...all using headphones?

So would be great anyone can recommend me a set? With a sub and good bass and below $100+ best.
 

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2001
Messages
6,021
Reaction score
50
Thanks guys. But it seems the usual suspects are no longer recommended? Logitech, Creative or Altec if still around.
I'm bias the M10 now but no grills...alittle dangerous.
Do keep some the recommendations coming.
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
I'll go with audio brands rather than computer accessories brand for speakers. Usually better sound quality.
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,773
Reaction score
244
Logitech Z623
Creative T3(not sure if knob problem is still there)

T3 is a darn good set. But yes.. knob prob still there!
So I decided to buy a replacement knob for $15, wire the speaker power through a relay which is connected to my PC and control volume via my extUSB soundcard. :o

@Bieffe
How long did your BOSE last?
 

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
9,046
Reaction score
3
currently using klipsch promedia 2.1, pretty happy with it so far.
 

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,773
Reaction score
244
:D:D:D

I still using ACS48... 17 years and going strong.

Hoping to tahan until 20 years. :eek:

Whoa.. those were the times when Altec speakers were heavy. Now they're all light.
I used to own ACS45. Lasted long as well!
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,147
Reaction score
1,250
Whoa.. those were the times when Altec speakers were heavy. Now they're all light.
I used to own ACS45. Lasted long as well!

I still have the ACS45 black color. But left inside storeroom to collect dust. :(

yah those were the days that their quality is 2nd to none. Made of heavy wood and premium quality materials.

Nowadays I look at the speakers... Sigh...:(:(:(
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,796
Reaction score
30,402
Singapore median household income 2015: $8,666

In 1998, it is $3,692

In 1998, ACS 45 costs $85

So to compare Apple with Apple, calculate what price of speaker you should be buying in 2015, and see whether quality has improved or dropped.
 

MrMundy

Master Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
26
I still have the ACS45 black color. But left inside storeroom to collect dust. :(

yah those were the days that their quality is 2nd to none. Made of heavy wood and premium quality materials.

Nowadays I look at the speakers... Sigh...:(:(:(

i just realized mine is acs44, not 45:s13::s13: but mine still solid eh, the bass no horse run
my father bought it when i was in primary school, now uni liao still using
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top