Hi all, my CPU has an adaptec RAID adapter with a windows 2008 server RAID 1 volume in it.
But the windows server 2008 is too old to run some software and IE browsing, hence I installed windows 8.1 (without RAID) using the normal mobo SATA ports.
Hence my system has 2 bootable OS, namely Windows 2008 (RAID) and Windows 8.1 (non raid) both in different volumes. My windows 8.1 recogised and sees the windows 2008 HDD and volume.
Using my windows 8.1 enviroment, when I transfer, modified files in my windows 2008 (RAID) volume, are the files within the RAID volume still doing it RAID function?
Thanks

But the windows server 2008 is too old to run some software and IE browsing, hence I installed windows 8.1 (without RAID) using the normal mobo SATA ports.
Hence my system has 2 bootable OS, namely Windows 2008 (RAID) and Windows 8.1 (non raid) both in different volumes. My windows 8.1 recogised and sees the windows 2008 HDD and volume.
Using my windows 8.1 enviroment, when I transfer, modified files in my windows 2008 (RAID) volume, are the files within the RAID volume still doing it RAID function?
Thanks



