PCI-E Express 1X Riser Card with Flexible Cable

wuming52

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
0
Hi,

does any of the bros here know where to sell this item in Sim Lim Square?

41CSAACyQoL._SY355_.jpg


As i am running on Asus GTX 980ti 2 way SLI and I have a Asus Soar Strix Soundcard in between. I want to move the soundcard to the last PCIe slot but my Graphic Card is in the way and current cause my 2nd card's heat is higher than the 1st card..

Wanted to improve the ventilation of my set up..

Thanks
 
Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,697
Reaction score
525
Try Worldwide Computer at 6th floor facing lifts, SLS.
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
Not sure how much is the shipping these days, but I think I paid ~S$20 per shipment (DHL Express) each time I brought something in.. total about 3 occasions about 3-4 years back. Primarily for laptop eGPU project wares.

Depending on what type of PCB stuff you buy, there are actually quite a few of them screwed to sort of a PCB reinforcement plate which helps with build quality.

Very well/tightly packed in hard cardboard box, they are placed in esd bags.

Even if you end up not buying from them, I think may just give you a better idea of what you want and probably can try sourcing for equivalents locally.
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
sorry bro, if i order tru this website. How long does it need to reach Singapore? Sorry for this noob question

I checked my email archives, I can't really find records sorry. It was paid via paypal. But iirc few days to process, (maybe 2-5 work days) but once shipped it'll reach sinkie land very fast, they dispatched from taiwan office.

Can contact them first, I think they take about 2 days average to respond. They do reply in english with simple vocab.
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
Have you thought it through? Your casing only has 7 PCI slot openings, where will the sound card go? I have actually done exactly the same thing, and even with sufficient PCI openings, this cable will not work, as the female end of the socket will interfere with the base plate of the casing where the motherboard is on. You will need a 90 degree PCIe connector, plus this cable.

And in any case, you can quite easily find this cable in SLS.
 

wuming52

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
0
Have you thought it through? Your casing only has 7 PCI slot openings, where will the sound card go? I have actually done exactly the same thing, and even with sufficient PCI openings, this cable will not work, as the female end of the socket will interfere with the base plate of the casing where the motherboard is on. You will need a 90 degree PCIe connector, plus this cable.

And in any case, you can quite easily find this cable in SLS.

Hm.. yeah i am thinking this right now.. If i going to put my sound card to the last PCIe 16x slot.. will there be any performance lag if I put 3 way Sli?
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
Hm.. yeah i am thinking this right now.. If i going to put my sound card to the last PCIe 16x slot.. will there be any performance lag if I put 3 way Sli?

Huh? 3 way SLI is just going to make the temperatures worse no? I thought you are trying to lower the temps? Not really sure what exactly do you want to achieve.
 

wuming52

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
0
Huh? 3 way SLI is just going to make the temperatures worse no? I thought you are trying to lower the temps? Not really sure what exactly do you want to achieve.

ya i am tryin to lower the temp.. i am just wondering and curious if i put my sound card to the last PCIe 16x slot will it slow down my graphic performace to 16x to 8x? i know right now they are both running at 16x.

And if I am getting a 3rd 980ti with my soundcard still stick inside at last PCIe 16x slot. Will it consider 16x, 8x, 8x & 8x?
 

wuming52

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
0
Have you thought it through? Your casing only has 7 PCI slot openings, where will the sound card go? I have actually done exactly the same thing, and even with sufficient PCI openings, this cable will not work, as the female end of the socket will interfere with the base plate of the casing where the motherboard is on. You will need a 90 degree PCIe connector, plus this cable.

And in any case, you can quite easily find this cable in SLS.

I am actually worry about the male that connect to the mobo. As the 2nd PCIe 1x slot is very near to my 2nd 980ti's heatsink pipe. It will not interfere to the base plate of the casing if i put it to the last slot the place where i secure my vga using screws. The last slot is outside the base.
 

wuming52

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
0
Have you thought it through? Your casing only has 7 PCI slot openings, where will the sound card go? I have actually done exactly the same thing, and even with sufficient PCI openings, this cable will not work, as the female end of the socket will interfere with the base plate of the casing where the motherboard is on. You will need a 90 degree PCIe connector, plus this cable.

And in any case, you can quite easily find this cable in SLS.

are you talking about this?

http://www.lazada.sg/oh-new-pci-e-pci-express-1x-adapter-riser-card-90-degree-for-1userver-chassis-intl-4723451.html
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
ya i am tryin to lower the temp.. i am just wondering and curious if i put my sound card to the last PCIe 16x slot will it slow down my graphic performace to 16x to 8x? i know right now they are both running at 16x.

And if I am getting a 3rd 980ti with my soundcard still stick inside at last PCIe 16x slot. Will it consider 16x, 8x, 8x & 8x?
you have to check your mobo manual.

I am actually worry about the male that connect to the mobo. As the 2nd PCIe 1x slot is very near to my 2nd 980ti's heatsink pipe. It will not interfere to the base plate of the casing if i put it to the last slot the place where i secure my vga using screws. The last slot is outside the base.
oh I see, so you have 8 PCI slot openings for your casing? you have a rather unusual case, so I am not sure what the physical contraints are. if putting the soundcard in the 8th slot doesn't interfere with the base mounting plate for the mobo, then you may not need the 90 degree joint.


yes.
 

wuming52

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
0
like i said.. the 2nd PCIe 1x slot is directly below my 2nd VGA 90 degrees PCIe expansion will touch the hitsink of my 2nd card i still do not know yet T.T

And yes i have an 8th slot for my casing.. my casing is Inwin D Frame
 

wuming52

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
0
i have tried.. the riser is in the way of my 2nd sli card.. hence had to remove the sound card.. damn..
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
i have tried.. the riser is in the way of my 2nd sli card.. hence had to remove the sound card.. damn..

what do you mean by in the way? as in the ribbon cable from the riser touches the GPU shroud? if it does, it doesn't matter, both items are insulated. my riser cable is in the 2nd PCIe1x slot, and my mobo's PCI layout is very similar to yours. no issues with my set up so far.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top