PCthemes

  • Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) or call ScamShield Helpline 1799. More info

Gametaku

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6
My friend bought a R9 290x powercolor pcs+ from Pcthemes today. This GPU should come with Never Settle Space Gold coupon. They did give him a coupon but it seems like the old AMD Never Settle Forever gold coupon. He tried to redeem the code on AMD website and it says code expired. I believe PCthemes gave him the old AMD never settle forever gold code (which expired on the 8th Sept) and not the space edition code.

Like scam leh... any advice?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
I think your old AMD card can still be used. Just need to ask AMD to convert it to new 1. You can try in that direction as well.
 

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
25,846
Reaction score
159
I believe its better if u settle it with Ban Leong. Since they are the distro, its easier for them to help you as compare to contacting pc themes and they have to contact BL and get back to you
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
My friend bought a R9 290x powercolor pcs+ from Pcthemes today. This GPU should come with Never Settle Space Gold coupon. They did give him a coupon but it seems like the old AMD Never Settle Forever gold coupon. He tried to redeem the code on AMD website and it says code expired. I believe PCthemes gave him the old AMD never settle forever gold code (which expired on the 8th Sept) and not the space edition code.

Like scam leh... any advice?

That's a very strong statement - scam. Tsk tsk tsk....
 

Gametaku

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6
That's a very strong statement - scam. Tsk tsk tsk....

i use "like" scam mah.

Ever if its honest mistake.. my friend does feel like he got scammed. Even consumer like myself know that the "Forever edition" expired on the 8th Sept. Retailer should be issuing the "Space edition" instead. I see no reason for retailer making this kind of mistake.
 

GeForce

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
25
GOLD "Space" Edition prolly applies only to cards that are not on promotion? my take though.. I would gladly buy a card at lower value over having free games anyday.
 

Gametaku

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6
GOLD "Space" Edition prolly applies only to cards that are not on promotion? my take though.. I would gladly buy a card at lower value over having free games anyday.

I would too. But if that's the case...they shouldnt even issue a coupon to him.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
1) Why you no check first BEFORE leaving

2) Go call back PCT tomorrow morning

3) Be glad you bought at PCT

4) Sometimes is distro's fault

5) Mistakes happen
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
1) Why you no check first BEFORE leaving

2) Go call back PCT tomorrow morning

3) Be glad you bought at PCT

4) Sometimes is distro's fault

5) Mistakes happen

Best to check. You are lucky though pct is the most reliable shop in SLS. If its tp or others... Maybe they say u swap out the coupon
 

Gametaku

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6
1) Why you no check first BEFORE leaving

2) Go call back PCT tomorrow morning

3) Be glad you bought at PCT

4) Sometimes is distro's fault

5) Mistakes happen

Yea..will ask my friend to do that. He did check but he did not know about "forever" edition and "space" edition till he asked me.

I was selling the "forever" codes awhile ago so he seek my advice.
 
Last edited:

Vanellope

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone, I'm the friend that bought the graphic card from PC themes and i was unaware at the time that there were 2 different codes for the AMD r9 series promotion. I do apologize
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
Hi everyone, I'm the friend that bought the graphic card from PC themes and i was unaware at the time that there were 2 different codes for the AMD r9 series promotion. I do apologize

Not your fault but dont worry give yilong a call and he'll help you. Otherwise pm me
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Hi everyone, I'm the friend that bought the graphic card from PC themes and i was unaware at the time that there were 2 different codes for the AMD r9 series promotion. I do apologize

lurker account spotted :s13:
 

Gametaku

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6
Aiyo y so defensive guys? Just stating from consumer point of view and seeking advice mah. He felt he got scammed.. not saying he got scammed. Anyway my bad for using the "inappropriate" word.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top