PES BP pre-enlistee, tips needed

iurnaux

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, as mentioned in the title, I'm a Pes BP pre-enlistee scheduled to enlist on Oct 26 2018. My weight is 105kg approx with a height of 1.79m/1.80, bmi 32.7. I'm quite bulky since I have been gymming for more than a year along with a spare tyre around my belly:s13: Would you guys advise me to aim to lose weight till it reaches 90 so that i can go for Pes PTP intake rather than BP?Also, any ex-Pes BP enlistees able to share their experience here? Many thanks in advance!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
Hi guys, as mentioned in the title, I'm a Pes BP pre-enlistee scheduled to enlist on Oct 26 2018. My weight is 105kg approx with a height of 1.79m/1.80, bmi 32.7. I'm quite bulky since I have been gymming for more than a year along with a spare tyre around my belly:s13: Would you guys advise me to aim to lose weight till it reaches 90 so that i can go for Pes PTP intake rather than BP?Also, any ex-Pes BP enlistees able to share their experience here? Many thanks in advance!
I don't see why going for what kind of BMT should affect your decision to lose weight
 

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2010
Messages
17,672
Reaction score
297
I rather u go bp bmt
The pt will help u a lot
If u get a gold in bp, high chance going into command school
If you want to be a man, then it doesn't really matter. lol
 

ManchesterFC

Master Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
0
I think you lose weight to 90 also wouldnt help , as long as you're categorised over weight by your bmi you will still be in bp. Unless you can lose weight tremendously till you fall to the acceptable bmi range.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
I think you lose weight to 90 also wouldnt help , as long as you're categorised over weight by your bmi you will still be in bp. Unless you can lose weight tremendously till you fall to the acceptable bmi range.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
90kg means BMI of 28 leh. U never calculate?
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,017
Reaction score
11,568
BP is just 3 weeks longer than PTP, honestly not much of a difference so no point la. Besides, you can use the extra few weeks to acclimatise to military life before the actual BMT portion starts (i.e. weapon handling, field craft).
 

space1

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Haven't received NS letter yet

I am currently BP but I haven't received the letter yet. How long before can I receive it? Based on the date in CMPB website, there is only one date left which is one month later for pes bp. Anyone face the same problem before?
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,017
Reaction score
11,568
If you haven't gotten your enlistment notice by now, most likely entering the following batch.

Btw, I was a BP enlistee years back. Since it's just 3 weeks more than PTP, it's way less hassle to just stay in the assigned programme. Meanwhile, you can start exercising and get yourself fitter so you won't feel so jialat when the workouts begin. Workout regime is daily, alternating between running/jogging and circuit or strength training every other day. Not forgetting swim sessions (lessons if you can't swim; aquajog if you can). That was how we rolled (pun intended) back in late-2014.

They will also not allow you to bring in snacks upon book-in. Given how Tekong meals are somewhat inadequate in the taste department as well, you'd be hard-pressed to not lose any significant amt of weight in the 19-weeks. Additional perk being loads of admin time in the first half before any of the real military training begins. I'm talking 3+-hr long before lights-out kind of long.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top