Phone lockup

Swayer

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2003
Messages
170
Reaction score
25
Hi,

I need some help with regards to mobile phone lockup. I'm using Galaxy Note Edge configured with finger print lock screen. Lately the phone has been acting weird meaning hangs, not responding to touchscreen input and "jump" to lock screen for not reason.

Today, when I took out of my pocket, it briefly showed a message that says like exceeding the finger print scan and it now only allows emergency calls or entering of backup password. The bad thing is I could not remember my backup password. I have a few questions if anyone could help me out.

1. Is there any limit of tries for backup password before it totally lockup the phone?(I've tried at least 3 times)
2. Any other way to reset the backup password?
3. Any best option to do without losing data in the phone?

Appreciate any help. Thank you
 

Swayer

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2003
Messages
170
Reaction score
25
Hi All,

I managed to guess my backup password correctly finally. I think I tried at least 5 to 6 times. So I think it may not have any a limit.

Thanks for reading and Have a great week ahead!
 

Swayer

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2003
Messages
170
Reaction score
25
You need to send the phone in to check... something is wrong...

Thanks Ming Ern. My phone is already no more warranty. Is it worth to send in to check? Do you know how much it would cost for checking the phone(not including the cost of repair if any)?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top