Phones in japan

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,435
Reaction score
76
I'm travelling to Japan at the end of the month. If I were to buy an android phone in Japan from say Yodobashi, can I use it in Singapore? Any SIM lock situation?
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,733
Reaction score
133
I'm travelling to Japan at the end of the month. If I were to buy an android phone in Japan from say Yodobashi, can I use it in Singapore? Any SIM lock situation?

You have to buy international version. (Export version).
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
Unless it's a model that's sold only in Japan, not sure if it's worth the effort or trouble.
 

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,435
Reaction score
76
Unless it's a model that's sold only in Japan, not sure if it's worth the effort or trouble.

Yes it is worth my effort. Wife prefers made in japan phones and they have a wider range of phones with IP67.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top