invisible999
Master Member
- Joined
- Apr 26, 2012
- Messages
- 3,565
- Reaction score
- 2
Hello folks,
Now I am trying to find out useful activity our first visit in Phuket. I've spent good amount of time on TripAdvisor and Wikivoyage trying to understand what is available/makes sense for us to do. We are in fairly fit and like water activities, like kayaking and rafting.
After looking at different tour operations, seems that most of them offer the same programs at Phang Nga. Also the same or very similar itinerary across different tour operators could be double of the price. I wonder if most of them are just agents subcontracting tours to third parties and while you pay top dollars you eventually end up cramped with dozens of others with mediocre experience at best and would like to avoid.
All of the rafting tours include visit of Monkey cave and elephant trekking - I'd rather avoid to be part of. Also the rafting itself is merely just 45 min, while I am looking for for something at least two hours. So... do you have any company/tour/itinerary to recommend? Moreover - does it actually makes sense to do, considering the travel times to/from Surin?
If rafting\kayaking is not the best option for RoI, what would you recommend? We are interested in nature and activities (trekking, biking, kayaking, rafting), cultural and religious sites. If you have a tour operator to suggest, please share.
Completely not interested (bodling specifically for people in this forum who are commenting without reading the message) and would like to avoid:
- parting/drinking
- nightlife (unless there is really good Latin music or jazz place)
- huge crowds, especially from Russia and China
- malls, markets and shopping
- overused tourist spots
- forced stops and pressure to buy something at markets and shops.
Thanks in advance.
Now I am trying to find out useful activity our first visit in Phuket. I've spent good amount of time on TripAdvisor and Wikivoyage trying to understand what is available/makes sense for us to do. We are in fairly fit and like water activities, like kayaking and rafting.
After looking at different tour operations, seems that most of them offer the same programs at Phang Nga. Also the same or very similar itinerary across different tour operators could be double of the price. I wonder if most of them are just agents subcontracting tours to third parties and while you pay top dollars you eventually end up cramped with dozens of others with mediocre experience at best and would like to avoid.
All of the rafting tours include visit of Monkey cave and elephant trekking - I'd rather avoid to be part of. Also the rafting itself is merely just 45 min, while I am looking for for something at least two hours. So... do you have any company/tour/itinerary to recommend? Moreover - does it actually makes sense to do, considering the travel times to/from Surin?
If rafting\kayaking is not the best option for RoI, what would you recommend? We are interested in nature and activities (trekking, biking, kayaking, rafting), cultural and religious sites. If you have a tour operator to suggest, please share.
Completely not interested (bodling specifically for people in this forum who are commenting without reading the message) and would like to avoid:
- parting/drinking
- nightlife (unless there is really good Latin music or jazz place)
- huge crowds, especially from Russia and China
- malls, markets and shopping
- overused tourist spots
- forced stops and pressure to buy something at markets and shops.
Thanks in advance.
