Phuket itinerary

LapCheong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
1,793
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, sudden decision to have a short holiday over at Phuket. But have never been there before, would like to ask you guys for suggestions as to what we can do there.

Planning to make it a 5d4n trip for about 7 - 9 people. Would it be too long? And will we clash with the monsoon season in phuket?
 

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
20
Just came back last week. rained 4 days out of 4.. haha

Do google for their monsoon season before going :D
 

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
20
The weather forecast i had was believable.. haha

Basically all beach and outdoor activities cannot be enjoyed. the rain is intermittent. And when it poured, it poured heavy. haha

I was hoping to tan at one of those quiet beaches some corner of the island, but didn't have the chance because of the rain. Only managed to drive and stop at them to take photos of the rain and choppy seas. haha
 

LapCheong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
1,793
Reaction score
0
The weather forecast i had was believable.. haha

Basically all beach and outdoor activities cannot be enjoyed. the rain is intermittent. And when it poured, it poured heavy. haha

I was hoping to tan at one of those quiet beaches some corner of the island, but didn't have the chance because of the rain. Only managed to drive and stop at them to take photos of the rain and choppy seas. haha

sounds bad..
Care to share your planned itinerary? Trying to gather some info about Phuket since it's our first trip there. Planning to get some tan over there too. =:p
 

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
20
I had no itinerary.. haha

I guess most people on their first time will
do the island hopping thingy
Visit the phuket town night market if its a weekend
Bangla road
Big buddha
Some ATV adventure
Simon cabaret

I am sure there are more activities, but i didnt google them out. I just wanted to chill so I never really look for much to do. I just searched for the most secluded beaches on google.. haha
 

LapCheong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
1,793
Reaction score
0
I had no itinerary.. haha

I guess most people on their first time will
do the island hopping thingy
Visit the phuket town night market if its a weekend
Bangla road
Big buddha
Some ATV adventure
Simon cabaret

I am sure there are more activities, but i didnt google them out. I just wanted to chill so I never really look for much to do. I just searched for the most secluded beaches on google.. haha

Hey thanks mate!
I think some of my bros wanna check their nightlife out. But heard the nightlife there not much, prolly for the ping pong shows. :s13:

As for me, it's a good spot at the beach, and sun tan.
 

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
20
That would probably be patong's bangla road. I never go before so I can't advise.. haha

Just incase u want to rent a car, I rented a Yaris for 118 SGD over 4 days + 30 SGD on fuel

So u can use that as comparison for ur potential transport costs
 

LapCheong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
1,793
Reaction score
0
That would probably be patong's bangla road. I never go before so I can't advise.. haha

Just incase u want to rent a car, I rented a Yaris for 118 SGD over 4 days + 30 SGD on fuel

So u can use that as comparison for ur potential transport costs

Renting a car is part of our plan, thanks for the recommendation!
 

Ultrafire

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
0
That would probably be patong's bangla road. I never go before so I can't advise.. haha

Just incase u want to rent a car, I rented a Yaris for 118 SGD over 4 days + 30 SGD on fuel

So u can use that as comparison for ur potential transport costs

is there really a need to rent cars in phuket ?
 

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
20
depends on what u wanna do. U can choose to rent a bike too..but I know for sure i prefer a car :D

I wanted to explore the small beaches, lookouts, restaurants so I chose to rent a car. Of course if the whole idea is to party at patong or chill at your resort everyday, then not of course
 

LapCheong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
1,793
Reaction score
0
depends on what u wanna do. U can choose to rent a bike too..but I know for sure i prefer a car :D

I wanted to explore the small beaches, lookouts, restaurants so I chose to rent a car. Of course if the whole idea is to party at patong or chill at your resort everyday, then not of course

I think we'll just be partying for 2 nights at most, the rest of the day would be spent visiting the island. Thought about renting a bike, but some of us don't know how to ride one :s13:

Opps din realise the reply wasn't for me, but yea :s13:
Anyway any place you visited that sells good food? I always believe that when one goes overseas, they would have to try the street food.
 

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
20
have to go phuket town or drive out of the touristy areas for the food
other wise the normal restaurants there are mostly very decent

bikes no need licence, i did it the last trip there but i dont feel safe because the road so many pot holes and alot of up and down slopes too haha
 

LapCheong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
1,793
Reaction score
0
have to go phuket town or drive out of the touristy areas for the food
other wise the normal restaurants there are mostly very decent

bikes no need licence, i did it the last trip there but i dont feel safe because the road so many pot holes and alot of up and down slopes too haha

haha i want bike too, but scared the travelling distance from one spot to another quite long. My friend went thailand last time, came back with his front tooth missing... :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top