PLEASE HELP! Should I retake o level as private candidate?

Potatoooooooo

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Should I retake o level as private candidate? URGENT!

PLEASE HELP! I just got my o level results. What should I do?

Math d7
English c5
Chinese b3
Combined humanities (geog/ss) c5
Combined sciences (bio/chem) d7
Principles of account c5

I’m A Sec 5 and I know that I did not have my best last year hence result especially math. I think I screwed up my English listening and compo. should I retake ( work extremely hard and have Tution ) my olevel math, English and principles of account to try to get b3 or below to go to MI. (L1b4: 20 and below) Or take a poly course that I don’t want and do well and try to go to a Uni to take humanities/ literature degree because I’m really interested in arts.
 
Last edited:

hello7777777

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
368
Reaction score
21
Hi,
Going to poly with a course you do not wish to take (maybe arts and humanities related) or retaking O levels are both viable options.

You need to decide for yourself.

If you were to retake O levels, would you do much better?

If you were to go to poly in Apr, which courses do you qualify?

All the best.
 

FrostWurm

Master Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
3,265
Reaction score
670
Why don't you list here some poly courses here that you have a realistic chance of getting into?

With your maths grade like this, I'm not even sure if you can graduate from poly engineering courses. And if you can, whether it will be enough for you to enter uni.

If you retake, you bloody well make sure you can do better. Talk is cheap.

#hardtruth
 

Potatoooooooo

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Why don't you list here some poly courses here that you have a realistic chance of getting into?

With your maths grade like this, I'm not even sure if you can graduate from poly engineering courses. And if you can, whether it will be enough for you to enter uni.

If you retake, you bloody well make sure you can do better. Talk is cheap.

#hardtruth

I’m only eligible for one course.....
 

Potatoooooooo

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,
Going to poly with a course you do not wish to take (maybe arts and humanities related) or retaking O levels are both viable options.

You need to decide for yourself.

If you were to retake O levels, would you do much better?

If you were to go to poly in Apr, which courses do you qualify?

All the best.

I’m offered a few but I’m only eligible for one course...
 
Last edited:

hello7777777

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
368
Reaction score
21
If you like the course, then go for it.
If you do not like the course, then retake your O levels or go ITE.
ITE has improved a lot.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top