Pocket Wifi with Tourist SIM

SZQddy

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I'm in Bangkok right now. I have a Dtac Happy tourist SIM from my last trip and just topped up.

My phone (LG G2) is not dual-sim so I need to remove my Singtel SIM.

Does anyone know, instead of renting a Pocket Wifi, can I just buy my own and insert the local tourist sim into it? Will be cheaper in the long run as I travel a lot. Also I can still receive SMS and calls on my phone using Singtel SIM.

Where to buy and popular models?

Thanks
 

vinzchang

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Flexiroam X could be better option if you travel frequently
Flexiroam X now in partnership with TripAdvisor.

Flexiroam X is the data roaming solution that lets you earn free data before you travel,
helping you avoid huge roaming fees when you’re overseas without ever having to change your SIM card.
Go download this app from your apps store. Free download, register and data. No spam
Free data roaming in over 100 countries up to 100G

Messege me if you want free 700Mb data to start with
 

SZQddy

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
That's interesting. I'll check that out next time. I'm coming to the end of my current trip.
 

maxrebo

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
1,646
Reaction score
0
Just bring a spare phone to do WiFi tethering. That's what I did.
 

SZQddy

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Just bring a spare phone to do WiFi tethering. That's what I did.

Yeah, that's a cheap n easy way to do it. :) Just a pain having two devices and keeping them charged. But I guess a Pocket Wifi would be the same.

Think I may buy a cheap dual-sim phone for short-term. They still have 2G service in Bangkok so no problem. I was going to wait for new phones with 4G+3G but still not that many around.
 

zzhuuu

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Yeah, that's a cheap n easy way to do it. :) Just a pain having two devices and keeping them charged. But I guess a Pocket Wifi would be the same.

Think I may buy a cheap dual-sim phone for short-term. They still have 2G service in Bangkok so no problem. I was going to wait for new phones with 4G+3G but still not that many around.

I bought my own pocket wifi and use it for my overseas trip. Works for me most of the time. Sometimes need to configure settings according to their network. But hor, you end up being a walking router when you travel with friends! keke :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top