Poco M5 Series

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My review and comparison of POCO M5 and M5s. Will be doing a livestream on Shopee on Wednesday, so can ask me any question about the devices there.

I'm using Redmi Note 8 Pro. The launch discount for M5 is 18% while M5S is 10% but I think the Amoled screen and dual speaker is better. Wondering whether I should move to M5 or M5S.

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between PocoOfficialStore and XiaoMiGlobalStore ? Saw both selling.
u mean
https://shopee.sg/pocoofficialglobalstore.sghttps://shopee.sg/xiaomiofficialstore.sgboth are similar, just that they are segregated into 2 shops

u can see the fb page, shop links from both shops are highlighted
https://www.facebook.com/Xiaomi-Online-Store-Global-Singapore-100328588290894
note: there is also a local shop
https://shopee.sg/xiaomiofficial
promo/price may be different for all 3 shops, so do check before buying

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Redmi Note 8 Pro. The launch discount for M5 is 18% while M5S is 10% but I think the Amoled screen and dual speaker is better. Wondering whether I should move to M5 or M5S.
Save your money and use note 8 pro. Negligible upgrade. I own note 8 pro + note 10s (Poco m5s equiv), note 8 pro still very good and I use it more. Screen despite being LCD is a very good LCD screen.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Save your money and use note 8 pro. Negligible upgrade. I own note 8 pro + note 10s (Poco m5s equiv), note 8 pro still very good and I use it more. Screen despite being LCD is a very good LCD screen.

The last rn 8 pro update is a battery drainer.

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last rn 8 pro update is a battery drainer.
Yes battery degrades over time. And the old 12nm processor also not battery efficient. If you really cannot tahan your battery anymore, can buy a new phone with better specs and technology, rather than a "new" phone with specs and power similar to a 3year phone

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
Trying to find the split-screen feature, but seems unavailable on poco m5

Still trying to verify, seems rmn11 also don't have. Strange

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What about getting the Poco M5s then ?

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes battery degrades over time. And the old 12nm processor also not battery efficient. If you really cannot tahan your battery anymore, can buy a new phone with better specs and technology, rather than a "new" phone with specs and power similar to a 3year phone

What about POCO M5s ?

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about getting the Poco M5s then ?
If you think Poco m5s is good enough, buy the redmi note 10s instead at $150, 50% discount on Poco M5s. It is exactly the same phone, Poco took redmi note 10s, switch the cover and brand and charge you full price.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you think Poco m5s is good enough, buy the redmi note 10s instead at $150, 50% discount on Poco M5s. It is exactly the same phone, Poco took redmi note 10s, switch the cover and brand and charge you full price.

ic.. just checked. Global Store selling 8gb same price as m5s ! Sg version no NFC.

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
Small clarification, poco m5s has nfc, rmn10s doesn't have nfc

Above is for local sets. Some countries have, some don't, quite confusing often

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.