Poor reception on Galaxy Note 4 with singtel

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
I having 1-2bar everywhere for singtel on galaxy note 4.
Occasionally, the data will be disconnect and in the setting status, it will shows as connecting. Switching flight mode or disable data doesnt bring back.

I need to restart the phone to get back the data connection.

Anyone having this problem?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I having 1-2bar everywhere for singtel on galaxy note 4.
Occasionally, the data will be disconnect and in the setting status, it will shows as connecting. Switching flight mode or disable data doesnt bring back.

I need to restart the phone to get back the data connection.

Anyone having this problem?

nope. singtel here too..

i suggest u try with another sim card..
 

uniquely_ad

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2011
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
11
and do you guys notice, if you make a phone call, your Data will drop from 4G+ to 4G then to 3G then to H?
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
No issue leh, somemore my sim card have not change for 6 years :p
 

fishyy

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2011
Messages
1,209
Reaction score
0
and do you guys notice, if you make a phone call, your Data will drop from 4G+ to 4G then to 3G then to H?

this one normal de.

Only telco with VoLTE will not drop, else every phone will drop to 3g signal when making calls, then back to 4g after call ended.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
this one normal de.

Only telco with VoLTE will not drop, else every phone will drop to 3g signal when making calls, then back to 4g after call ended.
Yup, I using Singtel n have VoLTE enabled. It stay in 4G when making call.
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
A comparsion of singtel and starhub in open area at same location. I thought my phone got problem. At least i now know is singtel problem.




 

NineNineNine

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
0
All we can say is at THAT location Starhub better than Singtel. If you stand next to a Singtel base station maybe you will find the reverse is true.
 

kleric

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
406
Reaction score
0
I have the same problem of poor reception on note 4 with Singtel. Just changed to a new SIM card, problem persist..
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
I hope so. I always feel in term of reception, singtel is the best.


All we can say is at THAT location Starhub better than Singtel. If you stand next to a Singtel base station maybe you will find the reverse is true.
 

pm

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
On my Note 4, I get 3G and H+. Have never got 4G. (Singtel)
The data network is on auto (LTE/WCDMA/GSM)

Do I need to change the SIM card or is there some other issue?
Can someone help?

Also on my previous Note 2 and 3, the Data Connection activation was swift.
In my new Note4, the handset takes almost a minute to get the 3G data connected!
Why?
 

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
17,384
Reaction score
270
On my Note 4, I get 3G and H+. Have never got 4G. (Singtel)
The data network is on auto (LTE/WCDMA/GSM)

Do I need to change the SIM card or is there some other issue?
Can someone help?

Also on my previous Note 2 and 3, the Data Connection activation was swift.
In my new Note4, the handset takes almost a minute to get the 3G data connected!
Why?
4G/LTE doesn't require a new SIM card. It is a VAS. I presume you have the 4G VAS service enabled?
 

swgj86

Master Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
127
On my Note 4, I get 3G and H+. Have never got 4G. (Singtel)
The data network is on auto (LTE/WCDMA/GSM)

Do I need to change the SIM card or is there some other issue?
Can someone help?

Also on my previous Note 2 and 3, the Data Connection activation was swift.
In my new Note4, the handset takes almost a minute to get the 3G data connected!
Why?
strange that some note 4 users faced these issues.

pm & kleric - where were you guys that the reception was bad? basement? underground train stations or ??
 
Last edited:

tamahomy

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
I having 1-2bar everywhere for singtel on galaxy note 4.
Occasionally, the data will be disconnect and in the setting status, it will shows as connecting. Switching flight mode or disable data doesnt bring back.

I need to restart the phone to get back the data connection.

Anyone having this problem?

I am using Note 4 and Singtel and have no such problems. Suggest that you get the SIM card checked out. Usually that is the root cause of connection issues. If after changing SIM card you still have issues, the next step is to sent to Samsung Care Center.
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
At first i thought my phone is faulty, But i tried using with starhub, reception is ok.


I am using Note 4 and Singtel and have no such problems. Suggest that you get the SIM card checked out. Usually that is the root cause of connection issues. If after changing SIM card you still have issues, the next step is to sent to Samsung Care Center.
 

kleric

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
406
Reaction score
0
Mine was at my office & regular hangout. Both places r fine on my iPhone 5S. And had changed the SIM card but problem persist. Bringing down to Samsung Svcs Ctr....
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
Regarding turning off and on data which will take long enough to negate back the connection, i asked in the main thread but seems that there is no one who is experiencing that.

On SingTel, turning off and on data will take around on average 37-41seconds to connect back. Not that is of any concern, but its pretty slow. :D

For those who have problems connecting to data, maybe just try resetting the APN inside settings.

For those with weak signal. :s11: Antennagate? SingTelSignalGate? :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top