~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
rAcEr said:
thank u for the compliments...but its expensive though. set me back by 170 SGD :(

170 for a Porter/Headporter bag is usually considered cheap already to be honest, their usual prices for bags are usually in the 200-300 range, with backpacking haversacks or luggage series usually costing even up to 500sgd, since it's a japanese designer label. Afterall, they are specialised in making bags and stuff, with quality premium material.
 

pomer1982

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
1,605
Reaction score
0
wow seriosuly, thats damn nice..

may i know how big is it ?

can put A4 into it ? or issit meant to be a sling pouch ..

rAcEr said:
thank u for the compliments...but its expensive though. set me back by 170 SGD :(
 

pomer1982

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
1,605
Reaction score
0
Haonan said:
You can use the EMS chart below that I cut and paste for u, to roughly gauge how much is ur 3 bags if u order via Coolcat. They ship via EMS (insured) so it's accurate. I'm guessing a bag roughly weights abt 500g-1kg depending on the size/material of the bag, because the other time I ordered my bag from Coolcat, EMS fees was slightly ard 20SGD, so ya it's abt 500g or more. You can email them though, I believe such online retailers usually have an electronic weighting scale so they will be able to ans u directly.

http://ace-company.net/~coolcat/index2.htm
wahh okie..thanksa lot dude for your help .. :)
 

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2001
Messages
22,032
Reaction score
12
A question here. Does the HongKong stores sell HeadPorter or only Porter Tokyo ?
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
GamerZ said:
A question here. Does the HongKong stores sell HeadPorter or only Porter Tokyo ?

My post here will answer ur question. But it's worthwhile to note that just like any other tourist attraction, most countries do have their own shop owners who does their own imports/export goods, especially when we're talking abt places like HK or Taiwan. So probably u will be able to find a few small shops there also selling both Porter Tokyo/Headporter stuffs.

Anyway OT abit, I noticed this thread like around so long liao, nobody bothers to vote and give ratings to this thread lol. So I'm trying to urge u guys, if you guys like this thread do give your ratings to it, it's amazing how I have been clicking 5 stars for this and it doesn't show up even one star. :s13:
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
pomer1982 said:
wahh okie..thanksa lot dude for your help .. :)

No prob ya welcomed, we're all here to share and contribute. ^ ^ Do vote this thread if u like it!
 

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2001
Messages
22,032
Reaction score
12
Haonan said:
My post here will answer ur question. But it's worthwhile to note that just like any other tourist attraction, most countries do have their own shop owners who does their own imports/export goods, especially when we're talking abt places like HK or Taiwan. So probably u will be able to find a few small shops there also selling both Porter Tokyo/Headporter stuffs.

Anyway OT abit, I noticed this thread like around so long liao, nobody bothers to vote and give ratings to this thread lol. So I'm trying to urge u guys, if you guys like this thread do give your ratings to it, it's amazing how I have been clicking 5 stars for this and it doesn't show up even one star. :s13:

Hey HaoNan,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding buying from small retail shops, any shops(selling headporter) to recommend in HK? I'm scared to purchase a fake as I do not have much knowledge on Porter/HP.
 

xingan87

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2005
Messages
6,368
Reaction score
11
ytd went to kinokuniya got a headporter catalog. was thinking to get the zip shoulder bag, but nt sure surrender have it anot.. =(
 

pomer1982

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
1,605
Reaction score
0
voted 5 stars ! not for the brand coz i dont own anythign from it yet.. but from the helpful people and information !!

the pouch like very cute leh..very itchy sia...

Haonan said:
No prob ya welcomed, we're all here to share and contribute. ^ ^ Do vote this thread if u like it!
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
GamerZ said:
Hey HaoNan,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding buying from small retail shops, any shops(selling headporter) to recommend in HK? I'm scared to purchase a fake as I do not have much knowledge on Porter/HP.

Hi GamerZ,

Other than the information provided here bu SuFu forumers, I can only tell u the other things to identify whether it's authentic or not, is by seeing the price tag and whether it comes with it's authenticity proof (Headporter comes with a black card, while Porter Tokyo goods comes with a 2-sided like white softcard slip with it's main logo (the luggage man) printed on it. I have provided u with a few pics below on how to identify a Yoshida Porter Tokyo line series made product, however I can't find any close-up pics on the label and its black card for HP products, and since I dun own any HP products either, I can't help u here. Perhaps u can ask some members here who own Headporter line products to take macro shots of the label and the black card for u.

porterlabelcheck01gn3.jpg

First check, this kind of tags should come with every brand new Porter Tokyo products, any of their lines will come with it, even my PSP Pictogram series collaborated by Sony x Porter. The product model number will be printed on it as seen in this pic, so it's good if u know what's the exact product number of it. Also shown is the tag label on the bag itself, just check and see that the wordings are not wrong, HP is also the same wordings, word for word. However do take note the label tag backdrop color differs from series to series, and some HP products actually have a white backdrop color with black wordings instead, so it doesn't mean it must follow the color scheme shown here for the tag label.

porterlabelcheck02kv7.jpg

Second check, every Yoshida Porter Tokyo products will come a white softcard slip like this shown here. Main logo is usually printed on the left, with their franchise names in Japan printed on the middle and then an exclamation mark with small japanese wordings below on the right. It's a 3-sided slip actually, not 2-sided as shown in this pic just to clarify. Meaning if u lay it flat down on a table with the softcard fully extended, it should match and show the following descriptions like what I had described above.

Hope this helps. ^ ^
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
pomer1982 said:
voted 5 stars ! not for the brand coz i dont own anythign from it yet.. but from the helpful people and information !!

the pouch like very cute leh..very itchy sia...

Thanks for the bump! Yeahh I can see that this thread finally has a 5-star rating! Woot Porter banzai! :D

Mai itchy liao lah, if you really need a pouch or bag, just opt for Porter. They're one of the most reliable bag manufacturers I had ever owned, coupled with great design and reliability. ^ ^
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,121
Reaction score
8,421
If i remember when reach home tonite, will post the head porter black card + taiwan porter international label + porter tokyo label. :o
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,121
Reaction score
8,421
Btw i realised porter international don't have any label card~ :s22:

Headporter black card~

6fq2c81.jpg

5zg9d05.jpg


label~

5zlkhtl.jpg
 
Last edited:

ZeroDivine

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Messages
19,510
Reaction score
0
mosmos: coolcat or the rakuten one which u usually order from ah?
I notice coolcat one got some models the rakuten have which raku don't and vice versa
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,121
Reaction score
8,421
ZeroDivine said:
mosmos: coolcat or the rakuten one which u usually order from ah?
I notice coolcat one got some models the rakuten have which raku don't and vice versa
:o 2x from coolcat and 1x rakuten
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,121
Reaction score
8,421
ZeroDivine said:
mosmos dd knows where to get this ? :s11:
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/s/?@0_mall/ace-web/cabinet/hp-tanker/magazinebag-01.jpg
from rakuten webbi but they ish no stock riao..

the coolcat dunch hab reh.. closest ish the extreme tote nia.. but the tanker tote size is better.. just nice.. extreme abit big for moi :o
:o wah 1st time see this bag reh, very nice~

this one below same or not?
http://www.head-porter.org/tanker/bbmagazine.htm

http://www.head-porter.org/tanker.htm
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top