~Porter Japan Official Thread~

jhchoo85

Reaction score
Anyone know where can I fix the broken zip on my porter bag? The zip works fine but the zip's handle (metal piece) broke :(

lex_sub12

Reaction score
Hi, i'm quite new to this porter stuff. though ive done some research, id like to check with the experts if my understanding is correct in terms of purchasing bags from those online stores. Obviously, we can't find the old models from the official site. Let's compare the Tanker shoulder bag as an example (Medium, Navy)

1. http://store.headporter.co.jp/en/products/detail.html?product_id=12
(This is a medium Tanker shoulder bag, dimensions: W280 H200 D110 mm). Total price incl. shipping = JPY 17,000. (bag-15,000 JPY + 2,000 JPY-Shipping) --> around S$265 (based on xe.com)

2. http://www.head-porter.org/formoverseas/tanker2.html (same bag as #1)
Quoted in USD 270 --> around S$325 based on xe.com (Not sure if it includes shipping)

3. http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ace-web/headporter-hp62206963/ (This one is MS size and smaller dimensions)
quoted JPY 19,800 --> around S$310 based on xe.com (not sure if it includes shipping).

Based on these prices, one should buy from the official headporter shop right coz it's the cheapest. Am i missing something?

Would appreciate your help. Thanks!

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro arcturuz, you bet. Actually if you take a closer look Headporter's own online store got their own main stores full address written there (in its respective prefectures), it's the easiest way to differentiate btw authentic online shops and parallel-imported wholesaler online shops.

Another obvious clue is their domain name. No-one is JP is allowed to own headporter.co.jp except Headporter themselves, I'm quite sure nobody wants to get involved in legal issues with them.

Thinking of buying a bag or something soon? =:p

thanks bro

thinking of getting a bag :D

snajgel

Reaction score
Hi Porterheads.

Just ordered a new wallet from headporter.co.jp and then got second thoughts regarding the fukushima drama.

Don't want to be a negative bitch, but if I'm gonna wear something in my pocket all day for the next few years it better not be radioactive :)

Anyone know where their factory is located and whats possible being done as security measurements?

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on these prices, one should buy from the official headporter shop right coz it's the cheapest. Am i missing something?

Would appreciate your help. Thanks!

I have never bought stuffs from Headporter's official online store before, but I can definitely tell you based on my tons of experience of shopping via online japanese stores myself and the prices quoted from the other 2 alternative parallel-imported stores (the one from www.head-porter.org is actually a well-known HK-based store located in Causeway Bay, Hongkong), you would be best buying your HP Tanker bag from Headporter's official online store instead, as after the necessary JPY currency conversion it does have the cheapest prices so far, compared to the other 2.

However, for JPY > SGD rates conversion, xe.com will not be an accurate gauge as usually foreign exchange will be based on your local bank rates instead, whichever bank that the debit/credit card belongs to that you will be using for that main foreign transaction, so it will be more accurate if you just check through your own bank's website and check their daily foreign exchange rates, when you make the online transaction on that same day.

From what I have checked from my own respective local bank's latest foreign exchange rates for both OCBC and UOB, I'm quite affirmative and can assure you that after the necessary JPY currency conversion, Headporter's official store would yield you the best pricing, in regards to that HP Tanker shoulder bag even after including the FedEx flat-rate shipping fees, so feel free to buy at ease. :)

thanks bro

thinking of getting a bag :D

You're welcomed bro. Happy shopping. If have any questions feel free to shoot on this thread, I will try to ans if I'm able to. ;)

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Porterheads.

Just ordered a new wallet from headporter.co.jp and then got second thoughts regarding the fukushima drama.

Don't want to be a negative bitch, but if I'm gonna wear something in my pocket all day for the next few years it better not be radioactive :)

Anyone know where their factory is located and whats possible being done as security measurements?

No real idea where's their domestic factory for manufacturing all those bags/wallets merchandise, but it's definitely manufactured/produced in JP itself. However I think for your question it's probably way out of context, as tbh I would be more worried if you were talking about consuming their domestic food products such as milk, beef or fish products, as those are most likely to be heavily affected by the 3/11 Fukushima nuclear incident.

If you are really that worried for your own specific health reasons, my only advice for you would be to just avoid buying japanese labels like Porter/Headporter from now on.

snajgel

Reaction score
No real idea where's their domestic factory for manufacturing all those bags/wallets merchandise, but it's definitely manufactured/produced in JP itself. However I think for your question it's probably way out of context, as tbh I would be more worried if you were talking about consuming their domestic food products such as milk, beef or fish products, as those are most likely to be heavily affected by the 3/11 Fukushima nuclear incident.

If you are really that worried for your own specific health reasons, my only advice for you would be to just avoid buying japanese labels like Porter/Headporter from now on.

Probably, but i own other Porter stuff and for me there really isn't any other brand i like as much for luggage :)

Just hoped for something like "don't worry, they got this under control" so i can relax about the wallet and continue to buy stuff from Japan.

iSeezAll

Reaction score
oh no , can any kind souls direct me to the page where there is peeks of the fake authenticity card ? I search many times throughout the thread but can't find it :s11:

fabregasxi

Reaction score
where can i get headporter in singapore?or which website is reliable in buying?thanks very much in advance.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Anyone knows of a Porter Tanker M shoulder bag able to fit an iPad? :o

babykiz

Reaction score
Hi, im interested to purchase porter bags from overseas, but the sites i read through this thread, all the sites are in Jap i dont understand :( any sites in English and trustable or any local online stores?

Noctix

Reaction score
Hi, im interested to purchase porter bags from overseas, but the sites i read through this thread, all the sites are in Jap i dont understand :( any sites in English and trustable or any local online stores?

you can get them from headporter online store or rakuten (they have a global site now).

gundamx06

Reaction score
hi all, would like to ask issit possible for me to buy from coolcat by using VPOST currently? anyone here tried before? can share the steps with me? thanks in advance.

shawnwkk

Reaction score
hi all, would like to ask issit possible for me to buy from coolcat by using VPOST currently? anyone here tried before? can share the steps with me? thanks in advance.

Try rakuten worldwide, search for coolcat - they have a rakuten shop. Charges are much cheaper than vpost.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Cannot seem to find coolcat on rakuten leh. Anyone got a link?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.