Posb savvy endowment good?

sellbuyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
21,310
Reaction score
919
why multiplier only 12 months? isnt this a 36 month thingy?

Is it 12 month only for criteria in multiplier acct?
 
Last edited:

CaptainWu

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
1,197
Reaction score
237
but that sum will still be "locked" and "pay" for 36 months right?
Sorry don't understand your question. Savvy is one off payment right? For example you buy a sum of 12k then every month you will see 1k Insurance payment under Multiplier calculation for 12 months, there is no more deduction since payment has been done when you subscribed.
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,396
Reaction score
381
Sorry don't understand your question. Savvy is one off payment right? For example you buy a sum of 12k then every month you will see 1k Insurance payment under Multiplier calculation for 12 months, there is no more deduction since payment has been done when you subscribed.
He's saying "it's a 36 months endowment why only recognized in multiplier for 12 months".
 

CaptainWu

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
1,197
Reaction score
237
He's saying "it's a 36 months endowment why only recognized in multiplier for 12 months".
That I already answered that I don't know, its set by DBS. Its the 2nd question I am not sure what's asking.
 

paurusu

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
738
Reaction score
54
but that sum will still be "locked" and "pay" for 36 months right?
How long DBS recognize the contribution to the product and the mechanism of the product itself is not related.
The endowment itself is a lump sum single premium product. It is not monthly instalment product.

Regardless - DBS recognize only 12 months contribution of this single premium divided by 36 months (I assume? I dont have this policy so cannot comment for sure) . So yes it seems like you are " cheated" but then again it is up to DBS to define the correlation
 

Avks9377

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Messages
57
Reaction score
5
Savvy 12 is closing soon. Given the lowing of FD and tbill rates, I think this one is relatively OK.
 

ahchan

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2001
Messages
464
Reaction score
91
Hi all,

For those who have bought the Savvy Endowment, how long does the Manulife takes to approve the policy?
I applied this morning and fund deducted immediately. The application screen just said that pending Manulife to review the policy...

And let's say if Manulife takes few days to review and start the policy, will the policy start date be today or the day where they complete the review process?

Thanks.
 

Lè Crayons

Master Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
3,288
Reaction score
2,155
Hi all,

For those who have bought the Savvy Endowment, how long does the Manulife takes to approve the policy?
I applied this morning and fund deducted immediately. The application screen just said that pending Manulife to review the policy...

And let's say if Manulife takes few days to review and start the policy, will the policy start date be today or the day where they complete the review process?

Thanks.
I bought the 2-year Savvy Endowment 13 in Dec last year. My application was approved instantly and I received the policy via email. Start date was the date I submitted the application.
 

CaptainWu

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
1,197
Reaction score
237
Savvy16 is out with guarantee 3.4% for 3 years. Non-guarantee bonus 0.14%. Seems not too bad though 3 years bit long to me. Any other endowment plan in the current market with better yield?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top