Postpaid Vs Prepaid - Feature set and differences

Byfrost

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
145
I've been wondering, what are the major differences in terms of functionality / feature set between postpaid / prepaid?

I know how each of them works, as I have both, but in terms of "what can a prepaid plan do and postpaid can't, or vice versa what can a postpaid plan do but prepaid can't" kind of differences, of course, apart from their individual set of features (i.e. top-up promotion obviously applies to prepaid only, whereas pay your monthly bills using this credit card to get rebates obviously applies to postpaid only)

Anyone roughly knows the differences?

Example (I don't know if this exist) - Postpaid users can sign up for weather alerts or traffic alert SMS feature but prepaid can't - this kind of difference.

Does postpaid and prepaid have exactly the same feature set (assuming money isn't an issue)?
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
4,377
Just want to share that postpaid is "prepaid" too. The monthly subscription fee and the add-ons r all billed 1 mth in adv. I am facing a big headache trying to terminate my singtel line. :(
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Just want to share that postpaid is "prepaid" too. The monthly subscription fee and the add-ons r all billed 1 mth in adv. I am facing a big headache trying to terminate my singtel line. :(

only excess usage is 'prepaid' for postpaid.
 

Byfrost

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
145
Just want to share that postpaid is "prepaid" too. The monthly subscription fee and the add-ons r all billed 1 mth in adv. I am facing a big headache trying to terminate my singtel line. :(

That is one way to think about it. Like Singtel prepaid has their monthly YAY! Plan at $19.90 recurring.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top