PR Cancelation affects brother?

BoOkInToBoOkOuT

Junior Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi I need a certain clarification:
1. My parents, myself and my younger brother were all PR at the same time
2. My parents got citizenship approved a long time ago
3. My brother (15) and I applied for citizenship last year
4. I just got my citizenship-in-approval letter

I'm planning to turn down my citizenship offer, and cancel my PR to go overseas to study. Would this in anyway affect my younger brother's citizenship application?

This FAQ in my letter caught my eye:-

"My family member did not receive the Approval-in-Principal letter. Why is this so?

Applicants who are below 16 or above 60 will not receive the letter as the are not required to complete the SC Journey. All applying members of your family will each receive the notification letter once all family members who are required to complete the SC Journey have done so."


I don't think this applies to my brother's situation, does it?
I'd appreciate opinions and feedback that might help me, and those who have nothing constructive to say, you're not welcome :)
An urgent issue, so I'd like as much help I can get here
 

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
11,952
Reaction score
1,329
You and your brother applied separately or together?

If separately than I don't think it will affect your brother

But for you ... I assume you're at least 16+ years old and have already registered for NS, no? If so, how are you going to manage that with the fact that your parents are now Singaporean residing in Singapore?
 

BoOkInToBoOkOuT

Junior Member
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
You and your brother applied separately or together?

If separately than I don't think it will affect your brother

But for you ... I assume you're at least 16+ years old and have already registered for NS, no? If so, how are you going to manage that with the fact that your parents are now Singaporean residing in Singapore?

Applied separately, but at the same time. And yes I'm turning 19, and I'm a gal so no NS
 

whizzard

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2001
Messages
972
Reaction score
3
Hi I need a certain clarification:
1. My parents, myself and my younger brother were all PR at the same time
2. My parents got citizenship approved a long time ago
3. My brother (15) and I applied for citizenship last year
4. I just got my citizenship-in-approval letter

I'm planning to turn down my citizenship offer, and cancel my PR to go overseas to study. Would this in anyway affect my younger brother's citizenship application?

This FAQ in my letter caught my eye:-

"My family member did not receive the Approval-in-Principal letter. Why is this so?

Applicants who are below 16 or above 60 will not receive the letter as the are not required to complete the SC Journey. All applying members of your family will each receive the notification letter once all family members who are required to complete the SC Journey have done so."


I don't think this applies to my brother's situation, does it?
I'd appreciate opinions and feedback that might help me, and those who have nothing constructive to say, you're not welcome :)
An urgent issue, so I'd like as much help I can get here

As a Singapore citizen, you are free to study anywhere in the world. Being away from Singapore for your overseas education will not affect your Singapore citizenship as you are a female and have no NS obligations.

In order to play it safe, keep your citizenship and go for your overseas studies. After your brother becomes a citizen and if you no longer wish to remain a citizen in the future, you can revoke your citizenship.

Whatever the case, your brother MUST serve NS as a 2nd generation PR (or or as a citizen).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top