PRC Visitor Visa

newaisa

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

I am trying to help my PRC friend to apply for visitor pass in Singapore - as I am Sgrean here. But I'm not sure whether state the reason as "seeking employment opportunity & further study" will be an acceptable reason?

Not worried about whether he will give me any trouble, as I knew him enough. We have been friend since my university years abroad.

The truthful reason is that he is seeking job (interviews), and also trying to get a part time masters degree. However, I'm not sure whether that will raise a flag if I state that.

Another way will be just to state holiday. But then, that will also raise a flag in the event he stayed for too many weeks. As job hunting may take long time.

Wanted to ask if anyone had applied for PRC friend/relative visitor pass, and can give some advise here.

Thank you.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
My advice is to state the truth in your application. If he is going to stay beyond the original visa, you will have to alert him to seek an extension with your assistance before the expiry comes up. It may be important thus to state the actual reason up front. Whether you apply for tourist or job-seeker, I think the chance is the same- it is up to the prevailing considerations of ICA.
 

subprimelive

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
23
agree to state truthfully, ICA does impose fines on these pass yr friend applying for if breach certain rules
 

newaisa

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply. Definitely not going to stay over the allowed visa period. What I meant was typically they will approve visa for more than a month. However if reason stated as "holiday", it will just raise suspicion if stay in for say - 3 weeks. Because nobody would actually come in for holiday for 3 weeks. Anyway, I guess I will just state to attend interviews and seeking employment opportunity.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top