Problem connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max

laucm

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2002
Messages
348
Reaction score
19
Any bro having problem connecting to connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max?

When I try to connect, it asked me for username and password.

No problem previously when I connect using my iPhone X. It just connect automatically.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,144
Reaction score
13,166
Any bro having problem connecting to connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max?

When I try to connect, it asked me for username and password.

No problem previously when I connect using my iPhone X. It just connect automatically.

No iPhone XS Max (yet) but if you've to do manual configuration, if I remember correctly...

There's an "EAP Method" drop-down list, choose the option "SIM". Thus, EAP Method = SIM. Then it should connect already.

Hope the above helps somewhat. Have done this with an Android as well as iPhone before.
 

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
8,153
Reaction score
412
Any bro having problem connecting to connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max?

When I try to connect, it asked me for username and password.

No problem previously when I connect using my iPhone X. It just connect automatically.

Download wireless sg app do the setup jiu ok liao
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
No iPhone XS Max (yet) but if you've to do manual configuration, if I remember correctly...

There's an "EAP Method" drop-down list, choose the option "SIM". Thus, EAP Method = SIM. Then it should connect already.

Hope the above helps somewhat. Have done this with an Android as well as iPhone before.

Any bro having problem connecting to connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max?

When I try to connect, it asked me for username and password.

No problem previously when I connect using my iPhone X. It just connect automatically.

arm there is no option to choose authentication method. the moment i tap on singtel wifi or SingTel wifi, it prompted me for user name and password. no other option available.

I believe the new iOS 12 has tweaked the user interface a bit.

I have reached out to singtel tech support just now, there were 3 actions done.

1) singtel reset my line totally, clearing singtel wifi records of my previous handset

2) advise me that should my next new iOS device giving me the same issue, to reset network settings via settings page.

3) to remove and re-insert the singtel sim card in the presence of singtel wifi coverage. (rationale is that singtel telco network profile will be reapplied and by default, iOS will turn on wifi and singtel wifi will automatically be registered, according to the agent).

I have yet to test out after my singtel wifi account got reset.

However, the above do not apply to android user, cos android can choose EAP SIM.
 

BoeingWong

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2018
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Remove your SIM card,do a network setting reset,off your phone,put in the SIM card,start it.
It worked on me

Any bro having problem connecting to connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max?

When I try to connect, it asked me for username and password.

No problem previously when I connect using my iPhone X. It just connect automatically.
 

IntelBen

Senior Member
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
1,529
Reaction score
10
Any bro having problem connecting to connecting to Singtel WIFI using iPhone XS Max?

When I try to connect, it asked me for username and password.

No problem previously when I connect using my iPhone X. It just connect automatically.

i faced the same issue with you when i got the Iphone xs max.

2 things i have done in order for me to auto connect Singtel Wifi:

1. Perform network reset in you iphone.
2. Remove and insert the sim card.

You must perform both.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
i faced the same issue with you when i got the Iphone xs max.

2 things i have done in order for me to auto connect Singtel Wifi:

1. Perform network reset in you iphone.
2. Remove and insert the sim card.

You must perform both.

call singtel to reset cannot arh?
 

laucm

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2002
Messages
348
Reaction score
19
Thanks to all for your replies.
Really need to do network reset?
Then need to re-enter all the saved wifi passwords again :s11:.....
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
Thanks to all for your replies.
Really need to do network reset?
Then need to re-enter all the saved wifi passwords again :s11:.....

Yah that usually fixed the problem ( reset network)
 

laucm

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2002
Messages
348
Reaction score
19
Update:
At home, I took out the SIM card, soft reset, re-insert SIM.
Now at Jem: I am able to connect to Singtel WIFI. Yeah!

Didn't do any network reset.

Thanks to all bro for your advice!
 

memoriess

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
74
i did network reset and took out the sim card and put it in, still cant connect to wifi. any other solution?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
btw is it possible to connect laptop to singtel wifi by keying the user ID and password?
 

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
btw is it possible to connect laptop to singtel wifi by keying the user ID and password?

I think if you have subscribed to a broadband subscription with Singtel, you can register for a Singtel Wi-Fi account.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/broadband/singtel-wifi

Under the “Singtel Broadband customers can enjoy Singtel WiFi!” section and click on “Activate Now”.

8xlMEW3.jpg

 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
bro what do u mean by acknowledge the warning SIM card removed?

cos when you eject the sim when your phone is turned on, an error message will pop up saying sim card removed. you have to tap ok first in order to dismiss the message before you push back the tray in.
 

memoriess

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
74
Bro Renfred, my wireless@sgx profile wont affect my Singtel WiFi auto join right?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top