Problem with note 4 charging

cnstar

Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
332
Reaction score
0
About 2 days ago I noticed that my note 4 wasn't charging as fast as it used to. Previously, it could charge from 0 to 100% in about 1.5hrs. But as of now, I've been charging for more than half an hour already and it's only at 15%. Last night, I charged for 4 hours and it was only at 50%.

Sometimes, while charging, the charging is cut off and then detected again, and this cycle might happen a few times.

Any idea what's the problem? I've only been using the note 4 for 2 weeks and I've not dropped it or anything. :(
 

tikokia

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
110
About 2 days ago I noticed that my note 4 wasn't charging as fast as it used to. Previously, it could charge from 0 to 100% in about 1.5hrs. But as of now, I've been charging for more than half an hour already and it's only at 15%. Last night, I charged for 4 hours and it was only at 50%.

Sometimes, while charging, the charging is cut off and then detected again, and this cycle might happen a few times.

Any idea what's the problem? I've only been using the note 4 for 2 weeks and I've not dropped it or anything. :(

First, did u check quick charging on under settings?
did u use A/C to charge? If so the problems might be:

1. charger faulty
2. wire faulty
3. charging dock in phone faulty
4. 1 & 2
5. 1 & 3
6. 2 & 3
7. All of the above (but highly unlikely)

so u have to rule out 1 by 1 or just bring down to svc ctr
 

tamahomy

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
If you are using the given adaptor to charge, the charging should take only 2.5 hours max. Are you using a PC or laptop's USB port to charge?
 

cnstar

Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
332
Reaction score
0
First, did u check quick charging on under settings?
did u use A/C to charge? If so the problems might be:

1. charger faulty
2. wire faulty
3. charging dock in phone faulty
4. 1 & 2
5. 1 & 3
6. 2 & 3
7. All of the above (but highly unlikely)

so u have to rule out 1 by 1 or just bring down to svc ctr

If you are using the given adaptor to charge, the charging should take only 2.5 hours max. Are you using a PC or laptop's USB port to charge?

Yes I did enable quick charge and I'm using A/C to charge. It just seems weird that there would be a problem with the charger / wire when it's so new. Unless I'm really that unlucky. :( I guess I'll monitor for a few more days and try using other wires.

If it's really a problem with the wire or charger and I bring it down to svc centre, will they change a new one for me foc since it's newly bought?
 

tikokia

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
110
Yes I did enable quick charge and I'm using A/C to charge. It just seems weird that there would be a problem with the charger / wire when it's so new. Unless I'm really that unlucky. :( I guess I'll monitor for a few more days and try using other wires.

If it's really a problem with the wire or charger and I bring it down to svc centre, will they change a new one for me foc since it's newly bought?

they should ba
 

ant0800

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2001
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Bought 2 Note 4 for wife and myself... less than 2 weeks... both chargers died... cannot charge... now using note 3 chargers to charge...

Got to waste time go service centre change... wonder need to see warranty and/or wait for them check or not... I still have not go online register the warranty... :(
 
Last edited:

Sp@rtacus

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Bought 2 Note 4 for wife and myself... less than 2 weeks... both chargers died... cannot charge... now using note 3 chargers to charge...

Got to waste time go service centre change... wonder need to see warranty and/or wait for them check or not... I still have not go online register the warranty... :(

I don't need to show warranty card.. just provide name and phone number.. apparently star hub already registered for me
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
My note 4 just failed on me 5 mins ago. It's not charging at all to my phone and any USB devices. I use other charger no problem. I swear I use it perfectly normal and gentle.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

simonscs

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
0
Seems like a bad batch of chargers. Mine died on me too and had it replaced recently.
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
Replaced at one Commonwealth service center. New one working fine

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

kenny_lim

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
My follow bro & sis.
Charger problem.
This batch got many people encounter charger problem.
The next new batch will be arrive this month.
Go for exchange.
Mine same charger problem.
Sometime can charger sometime can't.
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
Replaced at one Commonwealth service center. New one working fine

Sent from GAGT Android App

just for the record, the charger i replaced last time failed again last night. the quick charge icon never showed up anymore. the phone does show battery is charging but charging speed is slow, say 50% over 7 hours charging.

roughly last 4 months since replaced last time. so today time to replace again. this would be the 3rd charger.
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
A shop in far East shopping center. Which shop couldn't remember.

The guy at one Commonwealth service center insisted on testing the charger with my note 4 to confirm the issue before replace. And it will take 2 days. I don't have spare phone so I walked away and replaced at Plaza singapura service center.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top