[PSA] Singtel no longer servicing Apple devices

mOomOo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2000
Messages
963
Reaction score
2
FYI.


Dear iPhone Customer, the SingTel Technical Care centre will no longer be servicing Apple devices from 15 December 2014. To service your Apple devices, please visit the following Apple Authorised Service Providers: A.Labs (#04-12B, Plaza Singapura), QCD (#05-13/14, Wheelock Place). Thank you. Info: Call 1688.
 

SilentL

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
That means replacements will no longer have anything to do with singtel too..
 

Slim123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2014
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Singtel bei ta han liao. Apple customers very hard to satisfy.. lol

Not only Apple customers.. All consumer will never satisfy or happy what they have.. Same to everyone when got 3k salary, u will request 3.5k or 4k... So never end
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
A Labs also a lot of complaints. I really miss those days where the phones are serviced/exchanges by the telcos themselves. Sian.
 

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
At the SingTel was one of the best, the queues isn't that long, within 1-2 hours will be done. Or even less than that.
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,212
Reaction score
5,990
I wonder if the number of exchange is tied to their kpi? How come so reluctant.
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,895
Reaction score
1,449
huh, what? i just swap my ip6 at singtel a week ago
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
One more reason to jump ship

One reason why I was willing to pay a premium for ST services was due to their in house Apple service centre.

Now no more... Gone...
 

pantss

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
777
sorry bump this thread.

er so, these days do we still need receipt for telco-purchased iphones?

If no need, doesn't it also mean that the value for such subsidised phones have gone up?
 

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
sorry bump this thread.

er so, these days do we still need receipt for telco-purchased iphones?

If no need, doesn't it also mean that the value for such subsidised phones have gone up?

When servicing your iPhone, you don't need the receipt as just a lookup on your iPhone's serial number and the warranty information will show.

The subsidised value of the iPhone still remains the same. Expensive. =:p
 

pantss

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
777
When servicing your iPhone, you don't need the receipt as just a lookup on your iPhone's serial number and the warranty information will show.

The subsidised value of the iPhone still remains the same. Expensive. =:p

Ahh. Thanks thanks. What I meant was reselling such phones. Coz in the past without NRIC cannot service/swap phone at commcentre Singtel
 

pantss

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
777
Do outside at those ah beng shops perhaps?

You meant sell phones to those ah bengs?

I'm thinking of buying recontract iPhones as well, so if can service without NRIC that would be good.
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
I still remember when I used to use iPhone 4s.. I bought from SingTel my 4s, then sometime u not using will get hot and auto shut down
After that went SingTel change they no change but reformat my phone
Reformat still the same then I go down again the give me a new set.

Until today no problem.
 

pantss

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
777
I still remember when I used to use iPhone 4s.. I bought from SingTel my 4s, then sometime u not using will get hot and auto shut down
After that went SingTel change they no change but reformat my phone
Reformat still the same then I go down again the give me a new set.

Until today no problem.

Wah. What iOS version are you on now? I think the golden rule these days is, never upgrade iOS where possible.
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
Wah. What iOS version are you on now? I think the golden rule these days is, never upgrade iOS where possible.

My iPhone 4s is running at iOS 7.
Not lag at all.

And yea, never upgrade iOS. That's y my iPhone 5s stays at iOS 7, iPhone 6 stays at iOS 8, and iPhone 6s stays at iOS 9.

Want iOS 10? Buy iPhone 7 lor..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top