PSU Uplorry

DJSnip3r

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
So my Corsair RM650i uplorry when I was doing routine shutdown after using only 5 times. The psu tripped my main circuit breaker when it shut down, then now even the fan test on the psu doesn't work anymore.

I'm worried if any other components got affected, but so far can only test my HDDs and all working. :(
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
Don't use the PSU anymore.

I suggest you get a new PSU and test your system. The refurbished PSU you get from RMA can always be sold.
 

Felfirez

Master Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
3,546
Reaction score
0
If you stay in the west I can lend you a spare PSU for the time being. :)
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
I had it for only 10 days, dunno whether to laugh or cry :s22:

do this :

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg
 

Felfirez

Master Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
3,546
Reaction score
0
now you make me scared, I also bought the rm650x.

:s13::s13: No need scared la. Its heng suay.

People say Seagate death rate is very high and should avoid them (Before they bought over samsung hdd) but I have a 250gb HDD that i've used for almost 10years now without any issues. Now its purely a drive for my cloud storage. :)
 

DJSnip3r

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
:s13::s13: No need scared la. Its heng suay.

People say Seagate death rate is very high and should avoid them (Before they bought over samsung hdd) but I have a 250gb HDD that i've used for almost 10years now without any issues. Now its purely a drive for my cloud storage. :)

Yeah, buying electronics is heng suay...

This time I a bit suay :(
 

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
24,921
Reaction score
10
:s13::s13: No need scared la. Its heng suay.

People say Seagate death rate is very high and should avoid them (Before they bought over samsung hdd) but I have a 250gb HDD that i've used for almost 10years now without any issues. Now its purely a drive for my cloud storage. :)

Over the past few months I encountered issues where my cpu will just start up then lose power after a few seconds.

Finally couldnt boot up at all few days back, initially thought is psu problem, heng change CMOS batt gaodim already.

But that was a good scare indeed
 

DJSnip3r

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
So after a trip down to convergent, luckily they have a rm650i so they did a 1 to 1 swap with the broken one I had, now I finally have a working pc :s12:
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,705
Reaction score
528
So after a trip down to convergent, luckily they have a rm650i so they did a 1 to 1 swap with the broken one I had, now I finally have a working pc :s12:

If the replacement disappointed you, then time to look at other brand.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top