PTP BMT or Enhanced BMT?

Xtopen

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

Can you guys give some suggestion on whether PTP or Enhanced batch better for me? I just pass my IPPT this morning...like border pass (worried might suffer in BMT)...so would like to seek suggestion from you guys!

Would also like you guys to share your experience too? Thank You:)
 
Last edited:

sohcheekeong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
My opinion is that if you can choose, you should go for Enhanced Batch. You can save yourself two months to do other things such as working, studying, travelling, etc.

Just bite the bullet and go through BMT asap.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,298
Reaction score
5,873
Hi guys,

Can you guys give some suggestion on whether PTP or Enhanced batch better for me? I just pass my IPPT this morning...like border pass (worried might suffer in BMT)...so would like to seek suggestion from you guys!

Would also like you guys to share your experience too? Thank You:)

Define better?

What’s better to others may not be better for you.

Some ppl don’t care just go enhances, cause 2 months off more valuable to them. That’s better to them.
 

Lovekpopdrama

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2018
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Define better?

What’s better to others may not be better for you.

Some ppl don’t care just go enhances, cause 2 months off more valuable to them. That’s better to them.

Agree with this.

Whether you think 2 month off out weight the rest. I know most people would rather serve 2 month lesser. But that’s up to own individual to decide.
 

Xtopen

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Define better?

What’s better to others may not be better for you.

Some ppl don’t care just go enhances, cause 2 months off more valuable to them. That’s better to them.


Yeap Yeap. I agree with this too. But I don't have any experience in BMT yet, so I can't decide whether to go in earlier or not.

I just pass my IPPT this morning...like borderline pass...don't know whether I can adapt to the physical workout there.

Wanna hear you guys experience too! Thank You!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,298
Reaction score
5,873
Yeap Yeap. I agree with this too. But I don't have any experience in BMT yet, so I can't decide whether to go in earlier or not.

I just pass my IPPT this morning...like borderline pass...don't know whether I can adapt to the physical workout there.

Wanna hear you guys experience too! Thank You!
You are still not answering the question of what is better you?
What are the factors?

There can be 2 individuals. Both are male. But to one male, a female mate is better. To another male, a male mate is better.

So what’s your definition of better, ignoring on your experience. If you cannot even say what is better, then you actually don’t even know what you want. So how do we know whether if it is better for you?
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,093
Reaction score
795
Yeap Yeap. I agree with this too. But I don't have any experience in BMT yet, so I can't decide whether to go in earlier or not.

I just pass my IPPT this morning...like borderline pass...don't know whether I can adapt to the physical workout there.

Wanna hear you guys experience too! Thank You!

Don't worry la. Cannot adapt, they will make you adapt also. You won't be the only one who is "borderline fit" anyway.

Just go and use the 2 months and do other things, enjoy life. Do food delivery also shiok, own time own target, got freedom and probably earn more than serving NSF.
 

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
27,742
Reaction score
235
As someone who can't pass IPPT before enlistment(not even borderline fail), I would say PTP is a good way to ease the transition to NS. Initially, I thought I would hate the extra 2 months but I kind of changed my mind when I was inside. Then again, I had great section mates and I was in a welfare coy so life was okay(can't say the same for everyone). Ultimately, I don't think there's much difference as unit life is the period that forms up the most of your NS life and you will forget about BMT soon enough.
 

sohcheekeong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
According to my son who has just completed BMT (enhanced) in March and is now in Foundation Term SCS, the physical training in BMT is quite "progressive" (using SAF's terminology). Physical training in quite light in the first week and the intensity slowly increased over the next eight weeks. To draw an example, the route march started with 4km and then 8km, 12km, etc so the recruits have time to try to adapt to the more demanding physical training.

There are a lot of people like you, who struggled to pass their IPPT before BMT. But most will improve their physical fitness over the 9-week programme and will have no problem passing IPPT towards the the end of BMT. Moreover, you won't need to pass IPPT (if you cleared the other requirements) to clear BMT.

I would strongly encourage you to give Enhanced BMT a try. Save the two months for other purpose.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top