Qualcomm Quick Charger safe or not ah?

daveteo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2017
Messages
10,371
Reaction score
2,193
quick_charge_qc_30_30w_3port_usb_wall_fast_charger_adapter_for_iphone_samsung_1572610254_9afefd6a_progressive.jpg


I saw this type of charger selling in Carousell for $12 which suppose to charge smartphone very fast wan. But they say dun hab the "Safety Mark". When I ask them, they say must place deposit, then they will import. Just wondering is it safe to use or not ah, if dun hab Safety mark?
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,692
Reaction score
12
quick_charge_qc_30_30w_3port_usb_wall_fast_charger_adapter_for_iphone_samsung_1572610254_9afefd6a_progressive.jpg


I saw this type of charger selling in Carousell for $12 which suppose to charge smartphone very fast wan. But they say dun hab the "Safety Mark". When I ask them, they say must place deposit, then they will import. Just wondering is it safe to use or not ah, if dun hab Safety mark?
Bought this type b4 on shopee for $7. Gets quite hot during charging and I could smell some burning plastic smell. Threw it away after that and bought a branded one instead.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
If you are looking for Qualcomm's quick charge power adapters, please get from more established brands.

I have 2 at home used since 2017 without any issue. Tronsmart and Aukey
 

daveteo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2017
Messages
10,371
Reaction score
2,193
If you are looking for Qualcomm's quick charge power adapters, please get from more established brands.

I have 2 at home used since 2017 without any issue. Tronsmart and Aukey

Do you remember how much you pay ah?
 

VacheronLim

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
23
I use TOPK for single port QC3 charger, cost around USD4

And for double port QC3 charger, I'm using Ugreen.

Both work flawlessly for me
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,692
Reaction score
12
I use TOPK for single port QC3 charger, cost around USD4

And for double port QC3 charger, I'm using Ugreen.

Both work flawlessly for me
Up for ugreen. Ugreen charger quite good. Using the 2 port qc3.0 charger too.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Thanks. Think now price more than double liao as what I saw online. Cheapest ish rike $25. :(

If buy from import sellers, will be cheaper. Local units have pay extra due to taxes and safety mark.

I actually bought import set not because of only pricing but also because I wanted the EU/US plugs instead.
 

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2000
Messages
9,617
Reaction score
1,045
quick_charge_qc_30_30w_3port_usb_wall_fast_charger_adapter_for_iphone_samsung_1572610254_9afefd6a_progressive.jpg


I saw this type of charger selling in Carousell for $12 which suppose to charge smartphone very fast wan. But they say dun hab the "Safety Mark". When I ask them, they say must place deposit, then they will import. Just wondering is it safe to use or not ah, if dun hab Safety mark?

This is not standard charging but QC 3.0
It is better to buy one with a known brand instead of this no brand OEM.
If not there may be problems and damage your device.
 

daveteo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2017
Messages
10,371
Reaction score
2,193
Ugreen brand is good.

Ish it true that if I buy, say, Ugreen QC charger or one of the famous brand, I also need to buy Type C cable ah? If I use my old cable which come with the old charger, then the Ugreen will not quick charge ish that correct?

Saw on Carousell, got Ugreen cable selling for $5, also got Aukey cable selling for $6. Both ish Type C, but not sure if I need to buy Type C or not leh.
 

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2000
Messages
9,617
Reaction score
1,045
Ish it true that if I buy, say, Ugreen QC charger or one of the famous brand, I also need to buy Type C cable ah? If I use my old cable which come with the old charger, then the Ugreen will not quick charge ish that correct?

Saw on Carousell, got Ugreen cable selling for $5, also got Aukey cable selling for $6. Both ish Type C, but not sure if I need to buy Type C or not leh.

So far I am using Ugreen QC 3 charger with my old Type C cable.
I suppose you may need to find out with the supplier directly
 
Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Ish it true that if I buy, say, Ugreen QC charger or one of the famous brand, I also need to buy Type C cable ah? If I use my old cable which come with the old charger, then the Ugreen will not quick charge ish that correct?

Saw on Carousell, got Ugreen cable selling for $5, also got Aukey cable selling for $6. Both ish Type C, but not sure if I need to buy Type C or not leh.

Type C to C cable usually are quite safe. The ones you need to take extra care are Type A to C, which may result in overcharing if the manufacturers cut cost and do not put in resistor.
 

daveteo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2017
Messages
10,371
Reaction score
2,193
So far I am using Ugreen QC 3 charger with my old Type C cable.
I suppose you may need to find out with the supplier directly

Type C to C cable usually are quite safe. The ones you need to take extra care are Type A to C, which may result in overcharing if the manufacturers cut cost and do not put in resistor.

My old charger and cable ish come with the handphone. Behind they write 5 V x 1 A. What I mean to ask ish, if I buy a UGREEN quick charger, can I use back the old micro usb cable? Or must I buy a new Type C cable?
 

weeza77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
25
My old charger and cable ish come with the handphone. Behind they write 5 V x 1 A. What I mean to ask ish, if I buy a UGREEN quick charger, can I use back the old micro usb cable? Or must I buy a new Type C cable?

Most likely need to buy new cable but you can install app(AccuBattery) to monitor the charging amp before you buy new cable.
 

hkchew03

Master Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
553
I bought a 4 from TB thru 2 sellers. 1 QC port become slow charge, 1 QC working but other 2 ports super slow charging, 1 QC still working, normal port became slower, last 1 rarely use, all working for now. Lucky got if cheap like $7 each. The heat generated with you charge using all port is terrible, probably the reason for failure.

on good side, 3 of them still have QC working. so using them as single port for the past 1yr+

Don't worry so much about cables. using China brand 2 for $3-4, working on all my devices and charger for past 2yrs. Modern phone is able to cut off the charge once full.



Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro
 
Last edited:

hkchew03

Master Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
553
My old charger and cable ish come with the handphone. Behind they write 5 V x 1 A. What I mean to ask ish, if I buy a UGREEN quick charger, can I use back the old micro usb cable? Or must I buy a new Type C cable?

MicroUSB or Type C depends on your device.. nothing to do with charger.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro
 

pustefix

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2012
Messages
537
Reaction score
10
Don't worry so much about cables. using China brand 2 for $3-4, working on all my devices and charger for past 2yrs. Modern phone is able to cut off the charge once full.

Actually cable matters but you don't need expensive ones. If you really want to know how fast is the charging, you need a USB power meter, like this one. Now they have the USB C output where you can just connect directly to your phone USB C port. App based current measurement is not accurate and doesn't take into account the voltage you are charging at.

If you are looking for charger now, look for one that is PD compatible. More phones are now PD compatible and it seems Google is making manufacturer support it in future. Another thing is that priority always goes to the PD charging for multi port charger.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top