Queries on SPF Direct-Entry Inspector

lkml95

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello Forum,

I graduated from NTU last year and have thought of applying for SPF's Direct-Entry Inspector since my university days. Similar to a separate thread in this forum, I am a female and wear spectacles/contact lens to correct my vision. I am also planning to go for Lasik surgery end of the year. I am currently in my second job and am planning to apply as a career change.

Just a few queries and would greatly appreciate if anyone has any answers to them, so that I am at a better place to make an informed decision:

  • During the 9 month training program at HTA, would it be a 'Book in on Sunday and Book out on Friday situation' or are trainees able to return home daily? I have heard that females need not require to stay in.
  • Should I go ahead for the corrective eye surgery, would it affect my medical examination?

Thank you!
 

Strawbelly

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Hello Forum,

I graduated from NTU last year and have thought of applying for SPF's Direct-Entry Inspector since my university days. Similar to a separate thread in this forum, I am a female and wear spectacles/contact lens to correct my vision. I am also planning to go for Lasik surgery end of the year. I am currently in my second job and am planning to apply as a career change.

Just a few queries and would greatly appreciate if anyone has any answers to them, so that I am at a better place to make an informed decision:

  • During the 9 month training program at HTA, would it be a 'Book in on Sunday and Book out on Friday situation' or are trainees able to return home daily? I have heard that females need not require to stay in.
  • Should I go ahead for the corrective eye surgery, would it affect my medical examination?

Thank you!

Afaik you would have to stay in during the 9 months regardless male or female. But I heard from a friend that ICA DEI is stay out for the entire 9 months but I cannot confirm it. SPF/CNB are both definitely stay in (Fri book out Sun book in) as per what my friends in both services mentioned

As for the eye surgery thing I can't comment
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Hello Forum,

I graduated from NTU last year and have thought of applying for SPF's Direct-Entry Inspector since my university days. Similar to a separate thread in this forum, I am a female and wear spectacles/contact lens to correct my vision. I am also planning to go for Lasik surgery end of the year. I am currently in my second job and am planning to apply as a career change.

Just a few queries and would greatly appreciate if anyone has any answers to them, so that I am at a better place to make an informed decision:

  • During the 9 month training program at HTA, would it be a 'Book in on Sunday and Book out on Friday situation' or are trainees able to return home daily? I have heard that females need not require to stay in.
  • Should I go ahead for the corrective eye surgery, would it affect my medical examination?

Thank you!

Care to share why you would like to sign on for the above, as your concern with regard to stay-in sounds like a veto factor to your decision

Also only person who can advise whether lasik will affect or not is SPF. Shouldn’t take what people say her as certainty, as nobody will be accountable if u receive wrong info.
 

lkml95

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Afaik you would have to stay in during the 9 months regardless male or female. But I heard from a friend that ICA DEI is stay out for the entire 9 months but I cannot confirm it. SPF/CNB are both definitely stay in (Fri book out Sun book in) as per what my friends in both services mentioned

As for the eye surgery thing I can't comment

Alright, thank you!
 

lkml95

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Care to share why you would like to sign on for the above, as your concern with regard to stay-in sounds like a veto factor to your decision

Also only person who can advise whether lasik will affect or not is SPF. Shouldn’t take what people say her as certainty, as nobody will be accountable if u receive wrong info.

I have certain family responsibilities to attend to before and after the typical working hours, hence it could be a decisive factor to my decision.

Thanks!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top