Question about my mono intake .

joelyeo111

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi guys , I've just received my enlistment letter . Got directly enlisted to 3 guards at bedok camp II ..

I would like to know is it possible for me to change to SPF after BMT ?? I've always wanted to be a policeman and I really wish to sign on SPF .

If it's not possible then would signing on guards be good with just an N level cert ?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,304
Reaction score
5,875
Hi guys , I've just received my enlistment letter . Got directly enlisted to 3 guards at bedok camp II ..

I would like to know is it possible for me to change to SPF after BMT ?? I've always wanted to be a policeman and I really wish to sign on SPF .

If it's not possible then would signing on guards be good with just an N level cert ?
I believe if you managed to sign on before posting order come out, u can transfer to SPF.

define good
 

joelyeo111

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I believe if you managed to sign on before posting order come out, u can transfer to SPF.

define good

Thank you for the reply , so what do I have to do to express the interest I have in the SPF so that I have a chance of transfering ?? On the first day there I have to go and tell the person in charge there that I wish to sign on the police force ??

Like what are the benefits , pay compared to workload ? :)
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,304
Reaction score
5,875
Thank you for the reply , so what do I have to do to express the interest I have in the SPF so that I have a chance of transfering ?? On the first day there I have to go and tell the person in charge there that I wish to sign on the police force ??

Like what are the benefits , pay compared to workload ? :)
You should be like doing it now ain't it? Go SPF website to apply to sign on.
 

joelyeo111

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
You should be like doing it now ain't it? Go SPF website to apply to sign on.

I tried before , I went to email them about my interest .. But they reply me tell me say minimum requirement O levels that's why I'm so puzzled right now .
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,304
Reaction score
5,875
I tried before , I went to email them about my interest .. But they reply me tell me say minimum requirement O levels that's why I'm so puzzled right now .
That means you can't sign on and resign to the fact that you will be going to 3 guards lor
 

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
7,412
Reaction score
0
just go and sign on police first...if not u go tekong very very very hard to get out already tho there are ppl get out
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,304
Reaction score
5,875
Where to apply ?? The SPF website ?? Can I go in the bedok camp and apply ??
Ya.

Don't think so. SAF is SAF, SPF is SPF.

If you enlist then go apply @ SPF, then chances are even if you get accepted for signing on with SPF, you will have to serve out your 2 years with SAF before you can go over to SPF because I doubt SPF will be fast enough in processing your application and accept you before the end of your BMT
 

joelyeo111

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Ya.

Don't think so. SAF is SAF, SPF is SPF.

If you enlist then go apply @ SPF, then chances are even if you get accepted for signing on with SPF, you will have to serve out your 2 years with SAF before you can go over to SPF because I doubt SPF will be fast enough in processing your application and accept you before the end of your BMT

"At least 5 GCE 'O' Level credits[2] or NITEC"
This is on the spf website , I only have an N level cert . Is it still possible ??
I've emailed them before telling them I wish to sign on SPF for my NS , this was their reply as well , minimum O or NITEC . So does this mean I only can suck thumb be guard ??

Sorry I'm new to all of these !!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,304
Reaction score
5,875
"At least 5 GCE 'O' Level credits[2] or NITEC"
This is on the spf website , I only have an N level cert . Is it still possible ??
I've emailed them before telling them I wish to sign on SPF for my NS , this was their reply as well , minimum O or NITEC . So does this mean I only can suck thumb be guard ??

Sorry I'm new to all of these !!
I doubt any of us here is able to tell you it's possible or not since I doubt anyone here is the one reviewing your application.

But strictly looking at the criteria from their website, sad to say it is not possible.

Yes, I guess so.
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
ever consider to go study for O levels and defer your current enlistment?
 

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
7,412
Reaction score
0
sign on is the same la..sign on guardsman lor, ready to strike. warriors of the land and sea haha
 

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
98,495
Reaction score
15,583
"At least 5 GCE 'O' Level credits[2] or NITEC"
This is on the spf website , I only have an N level cert . Is it still possible ??
I've emailed them before telling them I wish to sign on SPF for my NS , this was their reply as well , minimum O or NITEC . So does this mean I only can suck thumb be guard ??

Sorry I'm new to all of these !!

it is impossible to sign on, unless u go study for ur Os now and defer, then u get a chance..
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
1 word of advice.

I'm not sure of your academic strength, but if you can study for diploma or degree, please do so before you sign on, or at least get a local SPF scholarship to study the above.

no matter how, SAF or SPF still govt bodies and academic is still very much key yardstick for them.

I'm sure you do not want to remain at the lowly levels for the next 20 years.
 

joelyeo111

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I doubt any of us here is able to tell you it's possible or not since I doubt anyone here is the one reviewing your application.

But strictly looking at the criteria from their website, sad to say it is not possible.

Yes, I guess so.

Sigh , thanks for all your replies !! :)

ever consider to go study for O levels and defer your current enlistment?

Defer is currently not an option for me .. And studying has never been something I'm really good at .

sign on is the same la..sign on guardsman lor, ready to strike. warriors of the land and sea haha

Any advice or what should I be expecting if I sign on ??

it is impossible to sign on, unless u go study for ur Os now and defer, then u get a chance..

Defer isn't an option for me now ... Guess I'll just have to go with the flow .

1 word of advice.

I'm not sure of your academic strength, but if you can study for diploma or degree, please do so before you sign on, or at least get a local SPF scholarship to study the above.

no matter how, SAF or SPF still govt bodies and academic is still very much key yardstick for them.

I'm sure you do not want to remain at the lowly levels for the next 20 years.

I don't think the SPF offer scholarship for N levels grads though ..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top