Question about SLS pricelist

radiobox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
446
Reaction score
0
I went to one of the cheapest retail india retail in sls today and want to buy some part and the first item i ask for is Gigabyte H97M-D3H + 4790, the price they quote me is much higher than their pricelist about $40 more. When i ask why the different, they answer i not buying a complete set. And i say i don't want and they give me few dollars discount but i still walk away. If item list on the pricelist is only for COMPLETE unit, don't they have to add comment in their pricelist ONLY for complete unit purchase.

Anyway, I intend to buy a complete full set minus the ram and ssd but they really piss me off and I give the business to PC themes.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Just say tradepac, no need censor censor. Their normal practice is add $20-$30 more. But prolly because you new face/didn't like your face they say $40 at first, take it or leave it

If item list on the pricelist is only for COMPLETE unit, don't they have to add comment in their pricelist ONLY for complete unit purchase.

No. SLS ain't the Office of Fair Trading
 

GeForce

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
25
same thing I did.. haha. dam pissed off..
Their ploy is to get every buyer they can possibly find to go to their shop first..
Then they'll brainwash you into buying the whole system.. Though sometimes it'll be cheaper than other stores.. for whole system that is..
and not the first time buying there..
Helped friend buy $3K worth from TP 3 months before I bought my own one.. They don't seem to recognise me I guess.. Now they don't get the other $3K.
Then I wanted a certain brand of 780, but they don't have. Then he recommend me a LeadTek 780Ti T.T . I just walk off.. then he was doing the hand gesture, trying to call me back to his shop.
 
Last edited:

radiobox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
446
Reaction score
0
Just say tradepac, no need censor censor. Their normal practice is add $20-$30 more. But prolly because you new face/didn't like your face they say $40 at first, take it or leave it



No. SLS ain't the Office of Fair Trading

I guess so, must be my face that look like a carrot.
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
Best Bargain also same policy. Kena the same thing before. No full rig, extra surcharge. They usually put one or more astericks (*) and indicate prices quoted are "for system bundle only". Then definition of "system bundle" is up to them.

I just walked out.
 

Peach Tea

Suspended
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
12,291
Reaction score
779
same thing I did.. haha. dam pissed off..
Their ploy is to get every buyer they can possibly find to go to their shop first..
Then they'll brainwash you into buying the whole system.. Though sometimes it'll be cheaper than other stores.. for whole system that is..
and not the first time buying there..
Helped friend buy $3K worth from TP 3 months before I bought my own one.. They don't seem to recognise me I guess.. Now they don't get the other $3K.
Then I wanted a certain brand of 780, but they don't have. Then he recommend me a LeadTek 780Ti T.T . I just walk off.. then he was doing the hand gesture, trying to call me back to his shop.

M_Id_443520_Narendra_Modi.jpg


Best Bargain also same policy. Kena the same thing before. No full rig, extra surcharge. They usually put one or more astericks (*) and indicate prices quoted are "for system bundle only". Then definition of "system bundle" is up to them.

I just walked out.

are they related?
last time i went best bargain and see the hotbay box, $159 i didnt buy
then i went tp, they sent one guy to collect it
when he come back i recognize same box i saw
but of course tradepac gave me better price :)
 
Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
Common practice. Their Mobo and CPU pricelist is ONLY if you buy a so call complete set.

When i say so call "complete" means it can be,

CPU + Mobo + Ram + PSU
CPU + Mobo + Ram + GPU etc

No need to be full rig. Can nego further also.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
are they related?
last time i went best bargain and see the hotbay box, $159 i didnt buy
then i went tp, they sent one guy to collect it
when he come back i recognize same box i saw
but of course tradepac gave me better price :)

No. That's just the nature of how SLS works
 

radiobox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
446
Reaction score
0
Then means even TP take item from other shop sell cheaper to me still have profit margin?
So means other shops profit margin even higher......

I work IT retail shop before when i younger, if my shop short of item, and go loan from another IT shop that my boss friend, when we resupply, i return them the item we loan. So in return if they no stock they loan from us, so we retain the customer. But i no sure how thing run now in sls.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Then means even TP take item from other shop sell cheaper to me still have profit margin?
So means other shops profit margin even higher......

It's more about loaning inventory than margin when doing such inter-store transactions.
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
Common practice. Their Mobo and CPU pricelist is ONLY if you buy a so call complete set.

When i say so call "complete" means it can be,

CPU + Mobo + Ram + PSU
CPU + Mobo + Ram + GPU etc

No need to be full rig. Can nego further also.

If exclude SSD/HDD and casing, still considered full rig/system?

I suspect different shops even have different understanding what constitutes a full rig.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
If exclude SSD/HDD and casing, still considered full rig/system?

I suspect different shops even have different understanding what constitutes a full rig.

As long as it is quite a substantial amount of items they are ok to give you the mobo + CPU price list.
 

kingcarlos

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
4
Sorry to hijack but which shops sell CPU alone with cheaper price or better to buy from amazon?
 

duffie

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2013
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
I work IT retail shop before when i younger, if my shop short of item, and go loan from another IT shop that my boss friend, when we resupply, i return them the item we loan. So in return if they no stock they loan from us, so we retain the customer. But i no sure how thing run now in sls.

I think exactly the same. ;)

Sorry to hijack but which shops sell CPU alone with cheaper price or better to buy from amazon?

Depends on the items. Just ask the shops. :s27:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top