Question about WD Hard disk warranty

alphonse

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
101
Reaction score
2
I have a failed WD Green hard disk.
I will like to know if I should just RMA using the WD web site?
On WD website, the warranty is listed as only 2 years.
Last time to get the extended warranty, whenever a WD hard disk fails, it is return to the distributer to RMA the hard disk.
If I were to RMA using the WD website,where do I go to get the 3th year warranty if the new RMA hard disk fails after the 2nd year?
 

addamsg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2013
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Hi Alphonse,

if your new RMA hard disk using the WD website, fails after the 2nd year then you also can purchase an 3rd year extended warranty on your new RMA hard disk with less than a 3-year warranty from western digital. The maximum warranty period for these RMA hard disk, including any warranty extension, should not be longer than 3 years from the date of RMA.
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,705
Reaction score
528
Take note 3rd year warranty is provided by distro.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top