Yes, but the NVMe SSD will only work at PCIe 2.0 X 2 speeds.
Thanks for reply!
If I install Adata SX8200 nvme ssd on it. Read & Write speed will down from default 3000+ to 600+?
He is rightYes, but the NVMe SSD will only work at PCIe 2.0 X 2 speeds.
Good info!M.2 is form factor
Sata and Nvme are the interface.
Your current board supports both interface from that single slot
Most budget mb usually only support nvme.
Intel unlike AMD Ryzen, it doesn't has that extra lanes from CPU solely dedicated to nvme.
H310 provide 6 pcie2 lanes.
Nvme SSD can use up to 4 pcie3 lanes.
If you have other sata devices, they will eat the lanes as well.
Anyway, assuming it use the full 4 pcie2 lanes, you will get half the speed.
Good info!
If I install adata sx8200 pro on a m.2 nvme to pcie 3 adaptor to my motherboard’s pcie 3x16 slot, will I gain back the full performance?