Ram compatibility

randylol123

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
I stupidly went to order a new set of ram for my laptop without realising that the ram is actually soldered on. However there is an open sodimm slot

Soldered ram: 4gb ddr4 2133
Additional ram: 8gn ddr 2400

Will there be any problems with mixing the two?? I really dun mind running in single channel as long as it works
 
Last edited:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
thx for the reply, do I Need to change anything in the bios settings or will it automatically downclock to the lower frequency

Should be auto run at the lower frequency. I didn't have to touch any bios settings when I added 16GB 2133 to existing 8GB 2400
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
thx for the reply, do I Need to change anything in the bios settings or will it automatically downclock to the lower frequency

Its plug and play, assuming it is compatible. Even if ram capacity is different, it should still run in dual channel.
 

samloi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
29,176
Reaction score
2,560
Hijack thread.

If my laptop comes with single 16gb 2666mhz, what happens when I add in another 8gb 2400mhz? Does the system runs in single channel mode or dual channel?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top