RAM Fault? XMP Profile Causing BlueScreens (Solved)
Hi Gurus,
the title pretty much sums it up, but in detail, this is a new pc I got and everything is running very well until I started playing a game, to be exact, Arma 3.
I got various errors, from memory mgmt, to the nvidia windows 10, nvl....mkm.sys error.
So following a certain guide, I decided to check my hdd and ram before proceeding the DDU and GPU driver reinstall.
disk check went fine, but memory diagnostic failed on me, as in it doesn't run and show me an "eternal" black screen until I do a ctrl+alt+del before it finally restarts and loads back to windows without doing the test. Checking it up, i see a thread owner says about getting the same problem and realize it was a faulty ram.
That's when i rmb the person who setup the pc for me told me that there was this XMP profile that he enabled. Wondering if that might be, I switched it off in Bios. and wah la, the memory diagnostic tool ran fine this time and didn't show any errors.
So all gurus who managed to reach this point, is this a faulty ram? or is this just a situation where the ram couldn't take the OC profiles and is not a faulty ram at all?
Is a 3200 ram that can't take the XMP Profile a faulty ram?
Cos right now it's 2666 but the ram says its 3200.
Anyway Motherboard is Aorus M by Gigabyte and Ram being
KLEVV PREFORMANCE BOLT SERIES 3200MHZ CL16 ( 8GBx1pcs )
Hi Gurus,
the title pretty much sums it up, but in detail, this is a new pc I got and everything is running very well until I started playing a game, to be exact, Arma 3.
I got various errors, from memory mgmt, to the nvidia windows 10, nvl....mkm.sys error.
So following a certain guide, I decided to check my hdd and ram before proceeding the DDU and GPU driver reinstall.
disk check went fine, but memory diagnostic failed on me, as in it doesn't run and show me an "eternal" black screen until I do a ctrl+alt+del before it finally restarts and loads back to windows without doing the test. Checking it up, i see a thread owner says about getting the same problem and realize it was a faulty ram.
That's when i rmb the person who setup the pc for me told me that there was this XMP profile that he enabled. Wondering if that might be, I switched it off in Bios. and wah la, the memory diagnostic tool ran fine this time and didn't show any errors.
So all gurus who managed to reach this point, is this a faulty ram? or is this just a situation where the ram couldn't take the OC profiles and is not a faulty ram at all?
Is a 3200 ram that can't take the XMP Profile a faulty ram?
Cos right now it's 2666 but the ram says its 3200.
Anyway Motherboard is Aorus M by Gigabyte and Ram being
KLEVV PREFORMANCE BOLT SERIES 3200MHZ CL16 ( 8GBx1pcs )
Last edited:
