RAM upgrade for Z270i

Hein

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

I currently own an ASUS Z270i mITX motherboard... Can I check if I am able to buy a latest RAM module to fit into it? I am planning to upgrade the RAM for now that I will be able to use in an AM4 build in the future.

Am looking at Corsair LPX 3600 or G Skill Sniper C 3600.. I don't mind running these at lower speeds for now.
 
Last edited:

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,079
Reaction score
1,769
The mentioned RAM are DDR4 and will work in an AM4 build.

Do note that we will be moving to DDR5 in 2022.
 

Hein

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
0
You can check the memory QVL for your particular motherboard to be sure but should be able to work.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043883/#2

Thanks....

This also adds in to the confusion.... From the link below:


https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/STRIX_Z270I_GAMING/STRIX_Z270I-GAMING_memory_QVL_report_201712.pdf

It seems that the motherboard supports CORSAIR Vengance LPX 8Gb sticks.. Still not sure if it is risky to get the 16Gb sticks..... Any thoughts on this?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top