xiaoheng
Senior Member
- Joined
- Jan 17, 2011
- Messages
- 914
- Reaction score
- 0
Does it still freezes
after changing ram slot i still get 1 BSOD then till now its been abt 3 days so far no BSOD will monitor again
Does it still freezes
TS, have you checked your RAM thoroughly? I was hit by your latest bsod as well, it's my ram issue.
try new bios 1807... wish u luck!
yes i run memtest for ea ram for 4.5 hrs with 8 pass no error... i even run both for 10+hrs 8 passes also...
I have ran the memtest as well, > 5 passes with zero errors..
I changed to new RAM, BSOD resolved.
so did they spot any error at the service center? my ram service center is at amk ind park and i stay in east... if they did a test and say no error wasted my trip over


Will be monitoring this thread. I have almost the same type of issue like TS. The stupid thing is that after encountering the BSOD (usually on high load) and restart the PC, it will never happen again unless I shut down and stopped using the PC for a while until my next session of PC usage.
Tried whatever I know and that was suggested in google except changing RAM (no extras), PSU (no extra), mobo (no extra + mafan)![]()
bsod just once a day then stable, like this person? his case was ram (see last post)Will be monitoring this thread. I have almost the same type of issue like TS. The stupid thing is that after encountering the BSOD (usually on high load) and restart the PC, it will never happen again unless I shut down and stopped using the PC for a while until my next session of PC usage.
Tried whatever I know and that was suggested in google except changing RAM (no extras), PSU (no extra), mobo (no extra + mafan)![]()
The last time I checked, temps are decent during high load. About lower 80s? If thermal paste is the problem then the BSOD should have happened again after the restart..If high load crash most probably it's the thermal paste need to reapply. As it might be dried up or maybe some other overheating casinwg it to crash.
Thanks! Will check it out.bsod just once a day then stable, like this person? his case was ram (see last post)
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76999-A-blue-screen-once-per-day!
The last time I checked, temps are decent during high load. About lower 80s? If thermal paste is the problem then the BSOD should have happened again after the restart..
So my "workaround" all these years is to never shut down.
jus got my 1st BSOD after changing mobo.. error : DPC watchdog violation![]()
What causes DPC Watchdog Violations?
Several things can cause a DPC Watchdog Violation to be triggered in Windows 8. One of the most common is an SSD drive that has old firmware not supported by Windows 8. Another likely cause is an outdated driver for one of your hardware components. For example, if your sound card driver does not support Windows 8, simply plugging in a set of headphones could produce a DPC Watchdog Violation error. While not as common, software installations that affect your system software could also lead to DPC Watchdog Violations and the corresponding blue screen of death.
How do I fix DPC Watchdog Violations?
If the errors are hardware related, the best thing to do is update the firmware of your components and the associated drivers. Firmware and driver updates are usually available in either the Support or Downloads section of most hardware manufacturers websites. If the errors are software related, you can either reinstall the program(s) you may think may have started producing the errors or use Windows' "System Restore" function to fix potential system software issues.
If you have tried the above options and you still are experiencing DPC Watchdog Violation errors, you can use "Action Center," a control panel available in both Windows 7 and Windows 8. This panel displays important system messages and provides recommendations on how to resolve problems. If you still have errors after using Action Center, they may be caused by faulty hardware. If this is the case, you may need to have your PC examined by a technician who can diagnose what component needs to be replaced.
sauce: http://pc.net/helpcenter/answers/windows_8_dpc_watchdog_violation
but still can i ask are using the same mobo for the replacement?
thks for the info jus do the chkdsk... how do i update driver like in mobo? go into device manager all showing its up to date... ya i got back the same H170 pro gaming mobo