"Rate Limited" error messages :(

Empyrean Cobalt

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Messages
22,453
Reaction score
9,058
I encounter this message a few times in the past 20 minutes.

It happens when I am either trying to access a thread, or to go to the next page.

Any idea what it means?

sl6Oil0.png
 

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2004
Messages
48,789
Reaction score
10,956

logo.png


We're sorry...​


But you are being rate limited. To protect our users, we are unable to process your request right now.


We apologize for the inconvenience.

just kana this
:frown:
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,164
Reaction score
3,133
We'll monitor more feedback on this reported issue before we request more fine-tuning options with the back end team.

Meanwhile, if you see this often or if you find it repeatable at certain time/scenarios, that would be of great assistance.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.
 

uselessbum

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
27,570
Reaction score
9,372
It's a very rare occurence for me. So far, I have only seen that a couple of times if I open up mutiple threads(ie open in new tabs) in quick succession. For example, I usually see what's on the forum page then open up all(about 10+ in one go) the threads that I think I'm interested in before going through each of them.

It's not reliably replicable since it was ok for me many other times when I did the same but those were the only 2 times that happened to me so far.
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,164
Reaction score
3,133
It's a very rare occurence for me. So far, I have only seen that a couple of times if I open up mutiple threads(ie open in new tabs) in quick succession. For example, I usually see what's on the forum page then open up all(about 10+ in one go) the threads that I think I'm interested in before going through each of them.

It's not reliably replicable since it was ok for me many other times when I did the same but those were the only 2 times that happened to me so far.

This is a really useful observation - thank you!
 

uselessbum

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
27,570
Reaction score
9,372
This is a really useful observation - thank you!

You're welcome!

To clarify my example further, out of the 10+ tabs(ie threads) that I opened up in one go, only 1 tab showed that message, the rest all ok. I just had to refresh that particular tab.
 
Last edited:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,164
Reaction score
3,133
You're welcome!

To clarify my example further, out of the 10+ tabs(ie threads) that I opened up in one go, only 1 tab showed that message, the rest all ok. I just had to refresh that particular tab.

That's great; mean it's not something that comes up often but probably when trying something in quick succession like in your example, this safeguard kicks in.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top