RE: iPhone 12 Pro | Pro Max freeze

Homme123

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have tried uninstalled dbs and reinstalled posb digibank the heating issue still persists. But will monitor if it will help to resolve the other issues ie app update/download not responsive, mail not responsive and outgoing call failures.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,326
Reaction score
6,587
I never had any issue with DBS/{OSB app. Just wondering, are those affected using telco sets or direct from apple?
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,440
Reaction score
4,169
May you share what did you do?
I never do anything, I just download the latest version from app store and pray, seems to have solved.

I never had any issue with DBS/{OSB app. Just wondering, are those affected using telco sets or direct from apple?
Mine is direct from Apple set. Don't think this is a problem la .... Since Telco or non Telco, the set also direct from Apple one
 

StraightShooter

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2019
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
74
UOB app still heats up and causes freezing on my 12 pro max. I don't like using the web version on my 12 pro max as their web app is not well optimised and the words/numbers are too small. I uninstalled it and currently use the UOB app on my Oneplus 8 pro. Android version don't seem to have this issue.
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
UOB app still heats up and causes freezing on my 12 pro max. I don't like using the web version on my 12 pro max as their web app is not well optimised and the words/numbers are too small. I uninstalled it and currently use the UOB app on my Oneplus 8 pro. Android version don't seem to have this issue.
updated to latest iOS 14.5?
 

MalPlace

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I just set up my iPhone 12 which I bought 3 months back and once I turned on POSB Digibank my mobile heated up so quickly and it was alarming. I have to log out and the heat slowly dissipated. I understand lithium-ion batteries are extremely sensitive to heat and quite flammable. Wonder will it explode if I totally ignore it ? I don’t have this problem with my iPhone XR which I’ve been using for last 2 years when logging into the digibank app. So it looks like iPhone 12 has issue when launching POSB Digibank. I’ll try again tomorrow if the same problem persist. And if yes I’ll uninstall the app and try again.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,326
Reaction score
6,587
Try to reinstall. I have no overheating issue with my 12 pro max.
 

greythorne

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
25
Same issue with iPhone 11 Pro Max. When opening DBS app phone heats up. Changed to POSB also same, phone heats up. Now uninstalled the bank apps.
 

WK1836

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
iPhone 12 Pro Max (2 phones) and iPhone XS Max. (iOS 14.7.1)
Digibank App heat up the phone immediately (within 1s) and you have to close Apps and it take 5mins to cool down.
Previously iPhone XS with iOS 14.6 does not have heating issue. So it seems to be due to compatibility issue with latest iOS update and DBS apps team take their own sweet time to update app to be compatible to latest iOS.
 

Lance321

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
8,007
Reaction score
3,043
These bank apps never solved this issue. I use both UOB and DBS apps. Excess heat is not good for the phone. I usually spend some time on these apps to do my transactions and the phone gets like really hot to the touch. I tried to uninstall and install, still the same issue. These apps are not intensive apps like gaming or photo editing, so I don't know what's causing the intense heat...
Last year, the apps even cause the phone to hang. Now it seems that there are no hanging issues, but the heating up issue remains.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top