RE: Islamic investments

weekendboi

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
RE: Islamic investments

Hello peeps! Any good books or reference material on Islamic investments? Specifically looking to better understand how to evaluate whether mutual funds, ETFs, structured notes are halal
 

FrostWurm

Master Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
3,265
Reaction score
670
Is there any specific reason why you prefer "Islamic investments"?

I use quotation marks because if you do a quick google on controversies related to Islamic finance, you can see that application of the principles varies widely across the world and in some cases, the instruments issued are almost no different from conventional ones.
 

Letsgeta

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
4
SHARI'AH INDEX

Is there a way to view what are the constituents in the FTSE Sgx Shari'ah index?
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
one give interest

the other shares profit. because interest is due to money lending which is bad bad bad.
 

Letsgeta

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
4
FTSE ST Singapore Shari'ah Index

How do I view what are the constituents in the Singapore Shari'ah Index. When I check their webpage, they are only showing the top 10 constituents, but where do I have to view if I want to see all their constituents?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
How do I view what are the constituents in the Singapore Shari'ah Index. When I check their webpage, they are only showing the top 10 constituents, but where do I have to view if I want to see all their constituents?

Think need to write to FTSE to ask for it
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top